Is love able to last forever?

I'm in love with a very good guy who loves me back. My mom says after a while, a few years after our weddinf, all the emotion (in love and everything) will be gone, we will only stay with each other by habit. The fact that I know that makes me depress. I was finally happy in life because of these emotions, and they are telling that the emotions will fade.

What do you think about that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe it can last forever if you are always willing to fight to find each other through good and bad times.

Love really is like a plant that needs to be watered in the right amount and frequency.

• That way you will fall in love with each other over and over again. Which is a much more incredible thing than falling in love with several different people over time, because u let things fizzle out with each one of them.

Falling in love over and over again with the same person can b the greatest adventure u will ever experience in this life. Always finding new things to love anout the other and reafirming ur love for each other seem like a ver nice way to love.

• Thank you for the MHO :)
      Glad I could in someway help.
      However, I didn't get what u meantby wishing u could mho me... U just did, didn't u? xD
      Thanks again and much luck

• I thought i already choosed an mho before you but it wasn't the case😊 that's why i said that.

What Guys Said 5

• Sometimes, people have bad experiences in love and they get a bad attitude about it. Instead of looking at whether they screwed up and taking some responsibility for the failure, they say 'love is awful, it never lasts, it's just a joke, etc.' That sounds like your mother.

Look at the old folks who are walking in the mall holding hands. Some of them have been married for 50 years and they are still in love. Yes, love can last, but it doesn't take care of itself. You must work on a relationship to keep it alive and you must be willing to give more than you take (I did a myTake to explain this:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10942-accounting-relationships)

Don't listen to your mother on this issue. Instead, feel sorry for her for having such a negative attitude. Go find out or yourself whether you can make love last!

• mmm.. I believe your mother is entitled to her opinion but it is not true for every person out there.

• lol your mom is may be judging the situation based on her experience but i can tell you if you 2 are the perfect couple i mean you love each other both good times and hard times of course it can last long

• No - - - --

• It can, rarely does.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, love lasts forever.

The head over heels, weak in the knees, butterflies in my stomach feeling only lasts for so long.
    Love goes through many phases.
    It won't always feel that way.
    Over time you have to work harder to re-kindle your love because it can fade.
    If you work on it... it will last forever.

• I know some couples who are 80 and still love eachother

• But since when did they met each other?

• 😍 thats magical ! I really hope to live that 😊!! What about you 😊?

• Of course! Same here!

• Wow kinda a bitchy thing to tell someone "your love won't last" she doesn't know what will happen hey it if was meant to be its meant to be. Meaning if you two are suppose to be together for the rest of your lives I think it will happen. I don't understand some people thinking you won't love someone for a long ass time. I have loved my ex for 3 years through all the bullshit until I couldn't take him anymore I fell out of love. So you two have a good relationship I believe you two will stay together.

• i think your mother is right. nothing lasts forever..