Who develops crushes faster: guys or girls?

Age 15-19. Do guys or girls fall for a person faster (for the most part)?

• Guys develop crushes quicker
  • Girls develop crushes quicker

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends what age group we're talking about.

When I think of elementary school and how girls ran around having crushes on boys, it was so visibly obvious. Boys had a whole lot of nothing to want to do with girls, and only the odd one was a little crush-y. Girls were more in-touch with their feelings and showing them, and did wherever and whenever they felt like it.

In highschool, boys and girls sort of leveled out a bit. It's at this time boys are recognizing their attraction, and hormones are everywhere. Girls have mellowed more since being in kindergarten, and feeling the effects of boys crushing on *them* now makes them feel as though the playing field is even.

In the 20s and maybe 30s, men and women are all over the map because of their adult expectations. Women are thinking of nesting, so a crush puts off an unsuspecting guy who isn't ready for that. Men are thinking of sex, and women don't want to be used - so each one is crushing but handling it pretty badly. Crushes now are about expectations to the person receiving the attention, and a lot of people pull away trying not to hurt the other. If the attraction is welcome, then a relationship is born.

Getting older, and now this is where I speak from experience - maybe other older users can give their two cents on what it's like past 40, but to me, the middle age years are about being a lot more controlled. A crush is more something you keep to yourself for many reasons (ie. the person is married, or you are, or it just seems unrealistic otherwise to be involved). Men and women are equally having them, but probably have a lot on their plate to even deal with it.

So overall, I think women develop them faster, just because since being little girls, we started a lot quicker on how to feel things and that it's okay to feel things so openly. Over time, we became more equal, but learned how to handle them differently.

• wouldn't u say though that once a guy sees a girl he likes he knows almost instantly if he could fall for her or not an as for girls, they use their heads more when they see a guy they might like (I mean they take the time to asess if they can indeed come to love the guy or not). At least it was like this with me and my bf: he instantly knew he could come to love me. When I think about it like this, I find that guys must b the ones to crush faster.

What do u think? (And sorry to intrude)

• @HookingSwan
      I'm not sure, I think that sounds more personal than anything. I know some guys who are hopeless romantics and just fall in love on an hourly basis with someone new for no really good reason.

This question is so hard about adult men and women because men guard their feelings a lot more for fear of getting hurt. Women will still put themselves out there to try with their crush. So since it *seems* like women crush more, maybe it's a lot more even than we think because guys are quietly crushing just as much as we are.

• Hmmm. Interesting perspective. I'd have to agree. Mayb one gender conceals it better than the other.

What Guys Said 6

• I think guys develop them quicker, but once a woman is hooked it takes a lot more for them to stop.

• Guys develope crushes but don't act on them they tend to just let them fade

• Well that's stupid.., why?

• Cause the rejection is like getting kicked in the crotch or like getting punched in the boob (for a girl). It's a lot harsher than you think. Guys go full in from the first moment even the cold ones. And it's almost harder to keep looking for a partner after getting turned down.

• Guys - - - -

• Don't know why the poll says girls but it's definitely guys.
    When we see a pretty girl it's instant

• Girls, no doubt in my mind.

• I guess many of us develop crushes quicker than girls, but we just don't really care too much.

What Girls Said 3

• I say guys cause guys can like somebody in a split second for being hot while most girls require that the guy demonstrate some level of decency and respectability before they open themselves up to them.

• From what I've seen I think that guys fall for someone faster but also lose interest quicker and girls take longer to fall for someone but it's more difficult for them to get over someone.
    In the end it really depends on the person though.

• I do fall fast for someone