Anyone else have family members birthdays crammed into a 2 month period?

It's so annoying it's like every other weekend for two months straight we have to celebrate a birthday along with all the other holidays and so forth.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well you have a couple of options:

a) arbitrarily assign a fake birthday to each person in your family based on their favourite celebrity along with their respective birthdays and celebrate on that day

or

b) begin saving for their birthdays in January so you can have money to celebrate everybody's birthday when their actual birthday party arrives.

Most Helpful Guy

• I do, in spring (May/early June) but it's not really a big issue in my family because my parents don't care much about birthdays and since me and all my siblings have turned 18 or so, we kind of stopped celebrating birthdays altogether. Usually what we do is just go to a nice restaurant together or if it's nice weather we sit outside on the back porch of my parents' house and make a BBQ. So it's like making some kind of happy event but nothing too special. Something that you could also do for no particular reason. As for gifts, both my siblings always tell everyone to only buy something for them if you find something nice. Especially my sister always says "I don't want to get a gift from you simply because you believe you're obligated to give me something. If I get something, I want it to come from the heart". So sometimes I see something cool in the store and then I buy it for them. Sometimes I can't find anything and then I don't give them any gift. Usually they're completely fine with that (on the other hand I do sometimes buy them something small even if it's not their birthday). My mom does expect a gift from everyone but it can be something symbolic. She just wants to feel that her birthday means something to you. So I usually just buy her some flowers or a good novel. She's also particularly easy because she actually tells everyone what she'd like to have. For example when I was a teenager, she would sometimes come and hand me a list of three items (say, book, cd, box of chocolate) that she wants to get for her birthday. She would then say "That's the three things I wanna get. Talk to your siblings who will buy what". I've tried it with explaining to her that it's a birthday and the gifts are supposed to be surprises but she always just said "I hate surprises". After a while, I got to like this system a lot because I didn't have to come up with creative ideas myself. And since her gifts are hardly ever over 20 bucks, it wasn't a big deal financially. As for my dad, he keeps making a point of not explicitly ignoring his birthday every year. He doesn't want any parties and he also doesn't want any gift. Since I was a child, he's always said "Please don't give me any gifts. I don't like this whole materialism crap. I love you with or without gifts". So yeah... birthdays aren't really a big issue in my family (christmas and eastern neither).

What Girls Said 4

• I have triplet siblings born on my 8th birthday. Try sharing your exact birthday with three other people living in your house.

• Nope, most are a month apart.

• My brother and grandma have a birthday on the same day

• Yess I hate it. I have to get a present and buy it with my money. And my family is Colombian so they're loud and obnoxious and Love to drink and party its annoying because I am the only introvert

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, most have been a lot of screwing going on on St. Pat's Day... have a shit load of family members in December...