Why can't I be happy being pretty?

I know im pretty like a 7-8, but its not enough i want to be amazing? Why can't i be happy just being pretty? Its like destroying my life, its not enough, i want to be perfect like a 9-10 to the point of craziness?

Most Helpful Guy

• The avarice of time will destroy you, if you keep thinking like that. Greed breeds jealousy and jealousy breeds hate, you'll only hate yourself if you continue with unhappy thoughts. You should be glad you know that. GLAD! That you are better than at least 50% of the world out there. My dad and mom always tell me such things. "you should be happy that god made you pretty, be proud you are better than 50-75% of the world" don't let avarice engulf you in its treachery.

• A very helpful and positive answer, so many people jumped to attack me for asking this question, i suffer with confidence and i want to be happy as i am, because that is real.

Its funny when people jump to assume im jealous or hateful, when they are the jealous and hateful ones jumping to conclusions about someone they only judge based on a couple sentences.

• I'm glad then. I remember back when overconfidence seized me, though it was not for looks (I wish lol), rather it was grades. After plummeting from that A streak into an ominous world full of Cs, I was sure never to permit the overconfident arrogant monster inside me to arise again. Don't let confidence rule your consciousness, you reign over it.

What Guys Said 12

• whoa wait...
    u just THINK u r 7-8... but honestly... there r people aound who'll consider u a perfect 10... but keep in mind there r some people who might consider u only a 5 or 6... or maybe less. but this shouldn't bring u down!

• No i think im a 6-7 but people tell me im a 7-8, its not enough ! and i already work out and all that crap so i know i can't do any better it just really makes me sad. I know its so stupid but i really do not know how to let it go?

• no i dont do it anymore

• nice to know :)

• Seriously nobody is a 9-10 to everyone. Beauty is pretty subjective. Just do you and to hell with everybody else. Confidence is sexier than anything else ;)

• people are always trying to better themselves you could be perfect and still wouldn't be perfect to yourself

• C'mon, beauty is a highly historical and subjective matter. There's no scientific or empirical data showing that this 1-10 grading system even begins to make sense.

It's broscience,

• Good job society.

• Then dedicate yourself towards becoming a 9-10.

• do you think i need implants to be that then? I am small B cup. ?

• No, it's not a turn off. But, then again, there would be no reason to mention if you did have surgery or not.

• there is always a scar, in the armpit or under the boob... as well they eventually always go hard as the body naturally builds up scar tissue around even the softest implants... I've looked into it obviously, it will always be in the back of my mind, of course id rather not do it, but ill see how i do.

• just be glad you're not some single fat girl eating bom boms right now

• haha you made one sad

• didn't mean too but I'm very blunt. Anyways everyone wishes they where better looking I'm ugly as fuck and I wish I was at least a 9 -10 but I'm like a 1 :)

• Because you're probably not pretty. Generally speaking, people who feel the need to assert positive attributes about themselves, particularly anonymously on the internet, tend to lie about said attributes.

• you just sound angry and bitter for judging and stereotyping me, you really don't know me at all and yet threw me into some stupid category. I am very different from the average. I'll spare you the details.

• if you are pretty guys like me like you

• women tell me im like a 7 or 8 and I understand how you feel cause you know life will be easier the better you look, people just throw stuff at the person that looks amazingm cause girls do like me but it's not like im surround by a million women throwing themselves at me

• I am more concerned about your oral skills than appearance

• you mean "verbal skills" haha

• Haha definitely bj skills

• bhahaha well im good but its something i can improve on, good to set realistic goals!

• You're probably not even a five, now stop whining.

• small penis? why so angry?

• You know what really must be tiny? Your brain. Let me guess, you dropped out of high school, tried to become a model, instead became a prostitute, a really cheap one and started to think you're pretty, not realising that you are only good enough for people taking so much meth they can't even distinguish you from a dead bear.

What Girls Said 7

• Get over it. I don't know what else to say. Looks aren't everything. Try concentrating on the things you actually have control over, instead of your appearance, which is just going to fade anyways. Work on being a good person who people like being around.

• Don't bitch and whine, it certainly doesn't make you prettier.

• read the question right.

• I did. You are already pretty, but you feel as if you need to be even prettier. May I be frank? It makes you sound ungrateful and needy.

• Why are all these girls that brag about how pretty they are, Anon? If you're actually that good looking you wouldn't be afraid to show yourself on here. Just sayin.

• Yeah, being attractive is like being intelligent or accomplished. If you have to say that you are, you aren't.

• assume as you wish about me, but you sound like a mean and jealous person. It is things like this that make a person nasty and ugly on the inside, judgement, jealousy, snarky remarks based on nothing for no reason at all... work on yourself.

• Lmao. Truth seems to hurt doesn't it? I gave my opinion and YOU were the one that decided to send me three posts all in defence. That shows to me that you're the nasty person, but take it how it is. I know I'm an alright looking person and I don't validation on here or anywhere from it. I am past the high school stage of girls like you attacking me 😊.

• Have you seen what guys rate girls on this site? if you think you are a 7-8, you would definitely be a 10 here. Especially if you're obese, those girls seem to get the highest ratings here...

• Well, beauty is a subjective and historical perception. So an obese girl can be considered very attractive, as shown by several historical documents. On the other hand, there's no empirical data supporting this 1-10 grading system.

Ok, I've seen a lot of people asking "how do I look" based on that system. Thn again, some people believe in psychics, astrology and that Earth has 6000 years, so it's not a big surprise.

• "Well, beauty is a subjective and historical perception. So an obese girl can be considered very attractive, as shown by several historical documents."

So? Beauty standards change as the environment, culture, access to food, stress, etc. change. We don't live in the 1500s, so it doesn't matter.

Also, the "fat women were attractive in the past" trope is massively exaggerated. You can find a few classical artists who depicted very fat women, but they were far from the norm. The average nude woman wasn't particularly fat, and would be considered average by today's standards.

• Wow. First world problems..
    You know what, maybe you should be fucking grateful for what you have already.
    Or MAYBE, focus on the world and how you can contribute to it instead of whining and bitching about not being "perfect". You pollute this planet with your selfish attitude and self absorbed nature.
    Do you know what that means? It means your definitely not pretty on the inside, and that's what counts. Not what's on the outside. >:(

• that was to the point thanks :)

• I'm the same way. I'm pretty but not fantastic and it kills me inside cause I want to be perfect. Until I realized that it really doesn't matter cause to some I'm a 9 to others I'm a 6, I'll never please everyone. Just think of yourself as beautiful and you'll notcie people will start to as well.

• Change the way you rate yourself to a 9-10

• no i can't, i go straight from the basics of facts and study.