Do you think its stupid for people to come out as bisexual?

like make a youtube video coming out as bisexual? or telling your parents this? is this really even a big deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's best to tell your parents and come out with it, so they don't go on in life thinking you're straight then bitching when they find out their kid likes both sexes and maybe is with the one that isn't exactly great at having kids.

To be honest, I think the Youtube videos thing has a point many people overlook. You may see it as dumb and trying to make your sexuality everyones business. I see it as a way to really get it out there and prove to people that you're gay/bi/lesbian, proud, it exists, and you're coming out with it. Don't like it? Well don't look up coming out videos and bitch about it there.

So I don't mind either and applaud those who tell it and don't give a fuck, like I don't give a fuck either and tell those who matter. But telling family is important so they don't get the wrong idea and get real angry when they find out years later. Also it's like a weight off your shoulders, being able to finally say it and know that they know and are, hopefully, fine with it or at least not openly angry. You can finally say you like both sexes, be yourself, and be happier than before when you were hiding it and a part of yourself.

And I tried several times to explain this, but for some reason straight people seem to not get this concept.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think it's stupid.

Whether or not it's a big deal depends on how your family, friends, etc. would react. Some people would react poorly, whereas other people wouldn't care. And sometimes you don't know for sure how they would react, so it can still be pretty nerve-wrecking to do even if you think they'll probably be accepting.

What Guys Said 9

• That's the whole point.. It SHOULDN'T matter but people are still kicked out of their homes, killed, harassed, abused for not being heterosexual in this world. Until that changes more and more people will continue to come out and say "Hey I'm JUST like you I'm just attracted to something a little different"

• Our society makes it a big deal unfortunately. Coming out period shouldn't be a big deal. No press conferences, social media announcement or anything shouldn't be done or needed.

• If society wasn't as shitty as it is, it wouldn't be.

• I think if you're comfortable with your sexuality, you should be quiet about it.. it's not a big deal, it's your body/life. You don't see me making youtube videos about how straight I am. It's only a big deal if you make it one..

• in real life - not a big deal and deffo not stupid, it's letting yourself be who you are.

on youtube - half the time it feels like a publicity stunt, so people flock tot hem claiming how "brave" they were/are... but if they are genuine, then more power to them :3

• No it's not a big deal or deal breaker that someone is bisexual the way i see things,

• All women are bisexual anyway.

• It's not a big deal but most people won't accept it

• ye cuz there is no such thing as bi. bisexual = homosexual

What Girls Said 11

• I don't think people would feel the need to make their sexuality a big deal if they weren't constantly judged for it.
    So, no it isn't stupid in my opinion.

• No, it's not stupid. It's part of their identity and they have a right to have that aspect of who they are be recognized, particularly by their friends and family.

• making a youtube video.. kinda lame and over done.
    but i guess if you think its your parents business theyshould know. so when you bring a girl home, they won't have a heart attack.

• It shouldn't be a big deal at all but since there are a lot of close-minded people out there, it is.

• It's a big enough deal that done people lose friends, lovers and get kicked out of their home, and congregation. So yeah it's kind of a big deal

• No, I don't think it's stupid at all. To many people, revealing that you're attracted to both sexes is a pretty huge thing, and they could receive a lot of negative judgement for it. So coming out is courageous.

• Well it really shouldn't be a big deal but it is. You can thank society for that.

• It's still a pretty big deal. Most religious conservatives would still freak out about that.

• stupid? NO! coming out to parents, NO! making a youtube video, YES!

what's on your mind? i went through this too. maybe i can help? if you'd rather talk in private, let me know...

• Yes it is a big deal and if making a video makes it easier for them then more power to that person.

• Yes, it is a big deal. We've been opressed through centuries, now we let people know we exist.