How do I get started with chakras and potentially Wicca?

A friend of mine recently got me started into awakening chakras and I've been interested in Wicca for a while. My friend said that I am primarily throat chakra. I tried meditating to the throat chakra Solfeggio and I got light headed and slightly dizzy. I had my eyes closed and opened them involuntarily. My friend said this is what happenes when she awakens chakras that have been dormant for a while. I have a singing bowl and some incense, but I haven't really tried meditating with them. I don't have a lot of stones either, just a blue sandstone pendant. I don't want to try to do the magic part of Wicca, but I do like the sigils and possibly divination. I've had experiences with spirits, but I don't know if I want to try to contact them, as it can be very dangerous. I'm just not sure where to start.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be fully conversant with Wicca, you will have to be invited into a Wiccan coven and receive instruction for some while. There are clothed and skyclad groups. There are also different types of Wicca. At the end of your instruction, there will be an initiation into the full coven for rituals, both sabats and esbats.

If you aren't into the full thing, you can teach yourself as much as you want to and be a solitary witch.

• Solidary Wicca is more what I'm looking for. I've read about coven Wicca and it doesn't seem like my thing.

• Find some books on Alexandrian Wicca and Gardnerian Wicca. Don't worry about doing anything wrong, it won't happen. Cast a circle with Earth and Water (use sea salt in water), Air and Fire (use a joss stick if nothing else available), call the quarters, invoke God And Goddess and away you go.

Blessed Be.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I were you, I would not do those things, because there is a risk that it will release evil entities that will control you. I'm just trying to warn you.

• I know about evil entities and how to avoid them. Opening chakras won't bring evil entities, only reveal and cleanse evil within myself. The only thing that would release evil entities is contacting spirits, and I don't want to do that until I have experience and am with a more experienced person. Possibly not at all.

• Ok. Just be careful.

• There are no evil entities that will manifest. The invoked Deities won't let it happen. Take it from a Pagan family! We are still here!

What Guys Said 1

• You've been duped! Not only that, hoodwinked and bamboozled, too. All that spirit stuff is a fat pile of bullshit.

• If you're not going to post anything helpful, don't post at all. Besides, that approach isn't going to convince anyone.

• I'm not changing my mind and even if I did, it's not going to be from your rude comments.

• Just tell me how much you payed for the paraphernalia.

What Girls Said 0