Girls, Do any of you use natural raw honey for your face?

I've been using raw honey on my face and it's cleared a lot of the whiteheads i get during my period, but I've been noticing that my face has started flaking. I have pretty dry skin and I read that honey moisturizes your face but it's drying my skin out. What should I do about this, and if your face is dry what products do you use on it? Thank you!

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I can't really help you with the dry skin since mine is oily but what used to work for me was using honey, yogurt or a little bit of lemon juicy and then combine them depending on what result you want.

A really good face mask is yogurt (the natural one), a few drops of lemon juice and Aloe vera gel ( straight out of the leaves of the plant). You should check www.allwomenstalk.com for more tips. It's a really good website.

What Girls Said 19

• I sometimes do that. Honey and any sort of natural remedy is great for your face, but if you don't moisturize afterwards it may dry out your skin. Everyone's skin is different, so you need to know your skin type and how to take care of it. If your skin was reacting to the honey by becoming flaky and you only leave it on for a couple minutes or so, then I would suggest moisturizing your skin before and after using it. (Moisture is very, highly important for all skin types). Anyway, its just a matter of trial and error. Hope I helped :)

• Rub your face while washing then use moisturizer that suits dry skin. Also, how often do you use honey as mask? don't use it everyday

• Are you leaving it on or using it and then peeling it off? I don't know why its doing that but if it is not working for you - you should probably stop doing it.

• I usually leave it on for about 5 minites then wash it off

• Maybe take it off right away and see if it gets better. If it doesn't, just get rid of it altogether and stick to coconut oil.

• I've been thinking about getting coconut oil I just don't know what brand works the best

• Maybe you aren't rinsing it off well enough. Personally I eat local honey to help with my allergies. It works wonders.

For my face I cleanse it with witch hazel. It's gentle. Then before bed I put a little of this stuff called bag balm on it. I gotta tell you it works wonders for sensitive skin!

• I use honey. but not often because of how sticky it gets. I suggest eggs. They help moisturize your skin and its cleans it really well. Use just egg yellow if your skin is dry, egg white if its oily or both if you have normal skin.

• I did but it stopped working after awhile. Now I use it as a mask every once in awhile to... moisturize... maybe yours is a particularly acidity batch? Have you tried a different kind?

• I use raw honey on my face. It should not dry out your face, you must not leave it on long enough.

• I haven't but I just looked it up. How many times do you use it a day and are you mixing anything with it?

• Once a day, I mix it with a little water thats it

• I start using honey but with yogurt, after that I put cucumber on my face, and really helped me a lot it will make you happy 😘👌

• I used to but I use an avocado mask now

• You should stop putting honey on your face.

• I don't use anything for my face.. yes I m that lazy.. 😕

• Honey may not work well for your skin! It could be a reaction- i would try something else- maybe using a mosterizor? 😊🌸

• Yes, I have! It works really well!

• Go see a dermatologist

• Never tried it for my face but I do eat it sometimes. Does it work for scars? I have one on my arm should I put that on my scar?

• I'm not sure if it'll work, but lemon juice helps with scars.

• Yea, dab a few drops of lemon juice on your scar twice a day. It's not gonna make the scar go away but it should help lighten it, to where it's not so noticeable.

• Thank you I will try that :)

• I use daily moisturiser for face.

• hmm interesting ill give it a try, thanks. I guess dont skimp on your moisturizer

• For moisturizing you can use coconut oil. It's natural and it won't clog your face. It also has tons more uses!

• Does it help with acne? I don't break except when I'm on my period.

• I've heard it helps! I never tried coconut oil with my acne, but it may work for you!

• Okay thank you!