Non-Americans and non-Canadians, would you rather live in the USA or Canada?

Interested in hearing opinions mainly from people from anywhere other than the USA and Canada, but anyone can answer. Which would you choose? As a Canadian myself, it is obvious that Canada is much better.

• USA
  • Canada

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to see Canada dominate this one, and so it should! I would live there in a minute! Such amazing people, *more* freedoms, I'd feel much safer, I could get work, the racism is much lower, it's cleaner, the Conservative party is much more sane than the Republican party (and the politicians seem like they completed highschool), the air and water is clean and fresh, the multiculturalism is probably the most harmonious than other country in the world, and Canada is much more favoured and loved around the world both socially and resourcefully than the US.

Most Helpful Guy

• i didn't vote in the poll but for me, the main thing that makes Canada a better country in my eyes is the lack of such overt cronyism when it comes to money in politics. We don't have the same sort of big money interest groups that exist in the USA which can buy off politicians through loophole donation scams. i mean we have interest groups, but we have actual laws that prevent them from influencing the political process in any significant way.

The main problem with America in my opinion is that they have too much money in politics, and that influence causes the country as a whole to engage in foreign escapades that make them look foolish.

In 2010, the US dropped out of the top 20 in a global league table of least corrupt nations tarnished by financial scandals and the influence of money in politics. The USA fell from 19th to 22nd in a 178 nation list, which is based on independent survey's of corruption. This was the lowest score awarded to the U. S. since the organizations 15 year history, and the first time it had ever fallen out of the top 20.

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2010/results

In the 2014 report, Canada made it to top 10. Now, the U. S. caught up a little bit in recent years, but this problem of government corruption plagues the USA, and Americans seem to be too lackadaisical/apathetic to actually get rid of these people. Normally, one wouldn't care, but as the worlds largest superpower, the things they do on foreign soil due to this corruption has a global effect on everyone, particularly their policies in the middle east.

What Girls Said 3

• USA. Nothing against Canada, I just want to live somewhere hot. Like California or Miami :-)

• I would rather live in the USA because at least we're free. I'm not the most patriotic person but I still think we're the best country.

• Is Canada under some kind of communism that we didn't know about? :/ The last I checked, Canada *is* free, on par with the US, if not more so.

• Ah I see. Well I still think capitalism is better than socialism though. Socialism just seems like a way to be lazy and get through with life.

• Your current government in the US is technically under socialism through the Democratic party. "Hand up not a hand out" is the Republican way of thinking. Right now, Canada is under Conservative government while you are under Democratic - and by the looks of things, will be after the next election too. Not to say Canada is as hard-driven in their Conservative execution, but there is more structure on what can and can't be done so easily, especially in government.

• yay Canada

What Guys Said 10

• USA. I currently live here and I love it. It's almost been two years and I wanna spend the rest of my life here.
    Canada sounds awesome too, I wouldn't mind living there for a while just to know how it is.

• Canada. Better weather, every Canadian I've met on a social level was nice (as opposed to about 1/5 americans), and the government makes a hell of a lot more sense.

• as an englishman, id much rather live in Canada. America just seems fucked up. in fact, when i finish my degree I plan on seeking citizenship in either Australia, new zeland or Canada.

• Canada, and I live in the US. But only because your government isn't as fucked up as ours.

• Definitely the USA.

• I'd rather go to Canada

• I would choose Canada because I dislike americans.

• Butthurt americans downvoting instead of accepting that they are a shame to the world.

• Canada for sure

• French people or Spanish people... God, that's two personal hells.

• I pick the USA.