Have you ever saved a life?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've saved 4.

My uncle fell through ice and I pulled him out, performed CPR on my friend who drowned, stopped a friend from choking, caught a buddy before he cracked his head on the cement.

I also tended to a friend while he had a seizure; I work well under those kinds of pressures.

Most Helpful Girl

• I sponsored a child in Africa who looked like he was starving to death. Now he has purchased a new home and a goat and is in school.
    I purchased cows for people there
    I also purchased clean drinking water for people
    And I purchased health care for pregnant woman without health coverage in third world countries.

What Guys Said 7

• 1) I was a lifeguard/instructor at a beach. A pregnant lady swam out to the raft, but she couldn't make it. I saw her go under, cleared the beach and swam out to get her. I had to dive 10 ft to retrieve her from the bottom. She was 60 ft out and made there in about 7-8 seconds

I threw the flutter board under her and she was unconscious and not breathing and started swimming in while doing Artificial Respiration.

The other lifeguard went and called 911. I continued AR and got her breathing again. She remained unconscious until the fire department arrived and took over.

She was not breathing for about 8 minutes total so we were worried about the baby. Turns out they were both fine. She and her husband came back a week later to thank me, he shook my hand, hugged me and thanked me for saving the two most important things in his life.

2) I was taking a course to obtain my advanced SCUBA diver certification. We were diving out in Georgian Bay. I had just gone out the wreck and was unloading my gear at the beach and the second group was heading out. About 1 minute after they all went down a guy came back up and he was panicking.

Myself and another guy who was taking the course swam out to the guy who was panicking. We arrived and I told the other rescuer who came with me to stay back. He argued with me for like 3 seconds and I told him to shut up and do as I say.

I called the guy who was panicking and told him to inflate his buoyancy control device and roll on his back. He started after me swimming and thrashing and I pushed him off with my foot and swam backwards. He finally saw it my way and grabbed his button and inflated his BC. I calmed him down and then grabbed the back of his BC and pulled him into shore. If I had not stopped the other rescuer from swimming forward to help the panicky diver, the diver would likely have drown him. if I had not calmed the diver who was panicking down in time, he may have drown.

I got hired on by the diving instructor the following few years afterwards to give her a hand when she ran the course.

• My suicidal ex girlfriend claimed that i saved her life, but i honestly think that if i wasn't there, she still wouldn't have done it.

• I stopped my son from committing a mortal sin and masturbating. I saved a teaspoon of spunk that day.

• Weeeell. Lots of people have told me"omg you saved my life!!!". So yeah you could call me a superhero of sorts 😎

• Well I don't know about saving lives but I've definitely prevented people from getting hurt.
    And animals, if they count...

• no never..

• i don't think so

What Girls Said 5

• At a track practice once, a guy that throws the discus about 160 feet consistently was practicing as my friend was using spray paint to mark out of bounds. He threw and it was low and headed right for her and I tackled her out of the way because it looked like she was gonna get hit in the head. So I mean a metal disc flying at her head would have at least put her in a coma.

• @LuckyNumber5 when i was in high school and throwing discus this girl was new so i was teaching her. So i showed her what to do and how to throw, anyways i was out in the field kind of near her. she throws the discus and i swear to you... it was like an inch from hitting me in the head. Like i though she would not be able to throw it where i was... but from that day on, i never go out on the field for that whole season lol.

• I know, it's so scary with new people or inconsistent people around. I always stand behind the net they're surrounded in or directly behind them if there's no net.

• I don't think so.

• Yep I did.
    But I failed saving a friend

• I saved the life of a mouse that our cat was trying to eat?

• Nope not one