Ebay sent me a package with no content?

I bought something from a user on ebay and he has pretty good rating (~97% positive). The package arrived 2 days late and when I opened it up it was empty! Wtf! This is the first time this happens to me. What do I do now? I already contact the seller and will contact ebay in a week if the seller doesn't response. But if they ask me to prove then how the fuck can I prove I already open it they can say I open it and take stuffs out and make up the story. But wtf they ship an empty box to my house wtf!!! Have this ever happen to you? What should I do now?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have used Ebay since it pretty much started years ago. I have well over 400 transactions. I have only had 3 go bad. Ok, for starters, Ebay is excellent for resolving issues, but they initially want you to work it out with the seller first. Since the box was empty, tell the seller they simply forgot to pack it and therefore their inventory count should be extra by one count. Ask them to do an inventory count to show they did indeed forget to pack it. Shit happens. Try to be polite, as being rude and angry won't get you anywhere. Ok, now for some bad news. I never, EVER deal with anyone with less than 99% rating. There are scammers out there and scum bags. Anyone who cannot maintain 99% or 100 is simply not a good seller. I have never been stuck buying anything because I could not find a good reputable seller. The other issue is that mail does get tampered with and stuff does get stolen by mail employees, so this may be no fault of the seller. But, ultimately, the burden of shipping the item to you and the risk of mail is more on the shoulders of the seller than the buyer. It is responsibility of the seller to make sure you get what you paid for. For me, my bad experiences involved all sellers that were below 99%, had poor communication and dropped out of Ebay all together. One bad deal the seller swore the item was shipped out. The item was not a lot of money so he refunded me 50% of the value which I accepted. Another was someone who simply dropped out and disappeared. Ebay refunded me through their buyer protection policy, but I lost out on the shipping cost which was almost as much as the item itself, but again, no a big deal. The other time was just a simple loss as the item was only worth a few bucks.

• Glad to here! I just called customer service and they seem to be very nice and helpful. The seller I bought from has a 98.1% positive feedback so I thought it wasn't that bad because the stuffs he sells is so unusally cheap, but what seriously why would they send me an empty box who does that. The box wasn't damaged or anything so it's not like the content falls out accidentally. But yeah I'll try to be calm hopefully I get my money back and not ask for proof because it's simply impossible to prove this case. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• File a case!

• Where can I file it? I find everywhere but I can't find where to complain?

What Guys Said 2

• I would contact eBay asap ps what was the seller's designation?

• File a dispute on ebay instantly. Don't wait a week.

What Girls Said 1

• Hi friend! Yes, I was in your shoes last year. I remember my state, when I bought an empty box. I called the seller, and he was beyond the reach! Then, without any hesitation, I contacted the eBay directly by phone (you can find their phone number. They helped me out.