Question for the cutters?

Normally it's not something I do but sometimes when I get pissed enough I get tempted to cut to release the anger. I'm wondering if this sounds familiar? It's only only when I get to a certain point.

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it when I get really sad. I cut because I feel I deserve the pain because I feel like a burden to my family and like I'm unworthy of being happy. So, in a way, it is because of releasing my anger, but anger on myself and not others. I hope you keep resisting that temptation because once you start, it's not easy to stop.

Most Helpful Guy

• Never cut but ocassonally if I'm stressed or angry I will punch myself in the arm like 4-7 times in the same spot. I imagine it has a similar effect to cutting but without piercing my skin. It's kind of like a release for me. I don't know why but it almost feels soothing.

What Girls Said 3

• Well I've never cut so I can't say.

• Yes, i have that problem a lot too. I've taken to making a fist and jabbing my finger nails into the palm of my hand...

• It happens to me.

What Guys Said 2

• You need help...

• Back before I was treated for depression, I would cut because I would become numb. I literally would not want to do anything, didn't sleep, didn't do school work, didn't spend time with friends, didn't enjoy video games or spending time with my girlfriend it all seemed very superficial and unimportant... So I would cut to feel something. It was just kind of a good stinging feeling. Its very hard to describe to others.