Why do some consider it a sin to put ketchup on a hotdog?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• If you have a hotdog you have to have Tomato Sauce on it.

• Ketchup. Mustard. Cheese. Chili. Hot sauce. All of these work.

Just keep the relish and sauerkraut away.

• Either I have ketchup with hot dog on it or I have a hot dog with cheese and chili on it.

• Because they're being overly dramatic? Besides, ketchup is yummy.

• Ketchup is a meh condiment. Its red sugar paste.

• Mustard is for senior citizens who're mentally defective to the point where they don't give a shit about what flavour their hotdog is, or are just oblivious to the disgusting taste in their mouths.

• Because after ingested Jesus cries and your soul is destined for Hell.

• I always put ketchup on my hot dogs aaaaaaaand brats!

What Girls Said 11

• Is it? That's the only way I eat hotdogs :?

• Ketchup + Hot sauce + mustard + relish + cheese sauce + chili + jalapenos. Yaaaasssssss.

• Some people just don't like that tomato taste. My friend eats her fries with mustard and many non Americans eat them mayo/mustard/chili anything that's not ketchup.

• Yes there is a burger place here that serves fries with Garlic Aioli and it is so nice.

• I didn't know know that. I just don't like that taste but, I see nothing wrong with it. Growing up, I seemed to be the only person who just liked mustard on them. All my friends and family add ketchup.

• It's a sin to not to ketchup on a hot dog

That's literally the only way I'd even consider eating one

• haha then I'm forever sinning

• I never liked ketchup. Mustard or relish, even sauerkraut.

• I think it's a sin NOT to put ketchup on it.

• I've always wondered the same thing

• and at this point no one has actually answered it other then people saying they love ketchup or listing various ingredients. I truly want to know b/c I went to a place once and they were adamant that ketchup would not be served anywhere near their dogs.

• I tried researching it and I keep seeing a rule that says "don't put ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18. Mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili are acceptable." It still doesn't make any sense though 😕

• same thing!

• i love ketchup..

• Because theyre weird...