Why do some consider it a sin to put ketchup on a hotdog?

1|0
11|9

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 8

• If you have a hotdog you have to have Tomato Sauce on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ketchup. Mustard. Cheese. Chili. Hot sauce. All of these work.

Just keep the relish and sauerkraut away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Either I have ketchup with hot dog on it or I have a hot dog with cheese and chili on it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they're being overly dramatic? Besides, ketchup is yummy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ketchup is a meh condiment. Its red sugar paste.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mustard is for senior citizens who're mentally defective to the point where they don't give a shit about what flavour their hotdog is, or are just oblivious to the disgusting taste in their mouths.

1|0
    2|2
  • Because after ingested Jesus cries and your soul is destined for Hell.

0|0
    0|0
  • I always put ketchup on my hot dogs aaaaaaaand brats!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• Is it? That's the only way I eat hotdogs :?

0|0
    0|0
  • Ketchup + Hot sauce + mustard + relish + cheese sauce + chili + jalapenos. Yaaaasssssss.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some people just don't like that tomato taste. My friend eats her fries with mustard and many non Americans eat them mayo/mustard/chili anything that's not ketchup.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes there is a burger place here that serves fries with Garlic Aioli and it is so nice.

• I didn't know know that. I just don't like that taste but, I see nothing wrong with it. Growing up, I seemed to be the only person who just liked mustard on them. All my friends and family add ketchup.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a sin to not to ketchup on a hot dog

That's literally the only way I'd even consider eating one

0|0
    0|0
  • haha then I'm forever sinning

0|0
    0|0
  • I never liked ketchup. Mustard or relish, even sauerkraut.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's a sin NOT to put ketchup on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always wondered the same thing

0|0
    0|0
    • and at this point no one has actually answered it other then people saying they love ketchup or listing various ingredients. I truly want to know b/c I went to a place once and they were adamant that ketchup would not be served anywhere near their dogs.

• I tried researching it and I keep seeing a rule that says "don't put ketchup on your hot dog after the age of 18. Mustard, relish, onions, cheese and chili are acceptable." It still doesn't make any sense though 😕

• same thing!

• i love ketchup..

0|0
    0|0
  • Because theyre weird...

0|0
    0|0