Are You A Saver or A Spender? If Saver, What Saving Advice Would You Give A Spender?

• I'm definitely good at saving my money. I rarely borrow from anyone anymore.
  • Meh... I'm ok at saving, but i still borrow. That's how i save my own money.
  • Easy come; easy go. I can always get more!
  • Money? I thought that stopped existing years ago...

Most Helpful Girl

• Some advice would be to remember what you need: Car, house, rent, groceries etc and try to pay those off first. Then take the rest and split it in half, put half in the bank and save half for stuff you want (clothes ect) That way you have some in the bank if 1.) you absolutely positively need a few extra bucks for a concert etc OR 2.) shit I don't have enough for rent. Also for retirement etc. Emergency type money.
    Try buying clothes over the year instead of buying for a whole season at once. It's easier to balance and keep track that way (buying clearance stuff at the end of a season for next season it good. too (supplies etc

What Guys Said 7

• I am a good saver now - I learnt the hard way and had to spend 5 years clearing credit cards and personal bank loans - How much of that was interest - If something is worth getting you can save for it.

• I good with my finances, I save most of the time. There are times I impulse buy stuff but I never borrow money.

• I'm bad at managing my money. I saved a ton of money when I was unhappy simply because I had little desire to spend it.

• I don't like borrowing money for any reason.
    I do buy stuff, but I keep a budget of how much I should or should not spend.
    If I need it, like gas or milk or eggs, I buy it because I need for transportation or to eat.
    If I just want it, it all depends on if it's actually worth it. Do I need it? Will I use it? If no, than I won't buy it.

• ok Lets say i have 100k tomarowe they will be gone

• When our economy collapses, money will be worthless. Technically, it is worthless now, since it has no backing.

• Use direct deposit to send money to an account that takes effort to get it out so it's not immediately available.

What Girls Said 9

• I never borrow money and I'm good at saving. I like working more, spending little and watch my bank account fill up. :)

My tips;
    - Ask yourself if you actually need it or if you have something similar.
    - When you go shopping, stick to what you went there for or stick to the list you made.
    - Don't take your credit card or a lot of money out with you because you'll be able to buy more.
    - Take comfort knowing you have more money in the bank so it's there whenever you actually need it in emergencies or if something new comes out, you can buy it immediately.
    - Learn self control.

• I'm horrible with money. I can't save because I can't keep track of my spending so I've started switching to automated bill pay when possible so I cut back on late fees and junk and I try to only keep money that goes to bills and stuff in the bank. The rest of the money goes into various hiding holes or I get my mom to hold onto it or something. It also helps me to curb my impulse spending when I don't physically have the money to spend, you know? Sadly it does mean sometimes I have to borrow money from my bro or sis cuz I forgot my card or don't have cash on me. But I pay it back asap when I remember. :V

• The key to success, gents, is to never spend your own money. *touches nose* just a tip from me to you.

• I spend WAY too much. I'm getting better at saving, but.. it all boils down to only being able to save as much as I can while still making sure bills are paid and I have gas in my car.

• I tend to become a shopaholic so i ask myself, "Am I going to feel regret if I do not purchase this?" or "Is there something in the near future that I know I will want more than this?"

• Ikr? I do this too

• Most of the time I won't buy something when I first see it. I walk away and wait a few days to see if it stays on my mind and if I go back and its still there, it was meant to be.

• I had to do thst last night. Then when i calmed down and went back, i ended up saving and getting what i really wanted/needed

• I love spending but I can also save if I really need something

• Rarely? Try never borrow money from anyone ever

• saver. I think many times before i spend money (expensive or not) esp when it comes to WANTS. I research online for reviews, be it cosmetics, gadgets etc and look for a store that sells it at a lower price than the rest (if there is). I don't spend it one time big time.
    For the needs, I buy them not one time but probably consecutive months or weeks. Every penny not spent, deposit to the bank.

• I'm a healthy balance of both

I have a lot of savings.
    But I can spend a lot of money.
    I stop myself before it gets out of hand.