Do you believe that everyone should have to work a customer service job at least once in their life?

I personally think that everyone should at least once, maybe then more people would be more nicer and considerate.

• Yes, people should know what it's like being a slave to mean customers.
  • Nope, I don't care,
  • I just want to fly away to Neverland and become a lost boy. Bye assholes. :D

Most Helpful Guy

• I worked in a warehouse my first job so it was only about 10% customer service, which was just about right. But I think everyone should have to work a low level job like that at some point. Those spoiled assholes who never have to work in college or HS and get everything handed to them never get an idea what it is like.

What Guys Said 6

• I think it would be a good experience for them to experience what we do I mean I know it was a good experience and continues to be one for me, I get to meet great people, it helps me to learn to be tolerant of the folks that we well all don't like to much, deal with problems and people effectively and efficiently and it helps me with my communication and conversation skills.

• I think 100% yes but not for reason you think - I learned so much about myself working at a help desk - It actually increase my faith in human nature - I realised if you are nice to people, most of the time they are nice back to you.

• My employer has obliged every manager, no matter at which level in the company, to do a small number of customer visits on the side of a sales person.
    The goal is to get the experience of what a customer asks for.
    So yeah, not a bad idea :-)

• No it was Hell and I would never force that on another. But honestly it would make people nicer to each other and to workers of shopping settings... and the job was still better than fast food so it could have been worse haha

• i worked customer service jobs... use it as a stepping stone to better jobs.

• No, I've done it before and it's a terrible job dealing with idiots all day.

What Girls Said 4

• Working customer service sucks because some people are just rude. I think everyone needs a taste of their own medicine at some point. But to be honest some customers try to humiliate the customer service person. My coworker was working cs with me and this customer yelled "the way you treated me is humiliating and I'd never treat someone like that, I work customer service too" and literally my coworker said "I'm sorry we don't have that policy anymore but I'll call the manager to see if we can do anything" she was just like give me my money. All I could think was this lady just gives us Latinos a bad name my coworker is more white looking than Mexican. So yeah, people are crazy.

• No.
    Why should they?

• + I know PLENTY of customer service people who have been extremely rude and condescending... so... obviously doesn't work for all people

• Yes. It's a humbling experience.

• No one should be forced to do something they don't want to. As for customer service, I wouldn't be interest in doing call center cs.