Am I weird because I refuse to eat with anything other than plastic forks and styrofoam plates. ?

Someone said I was weird because I refuse to eat anything if it's not on a paper plate and with a plastic fork. I feel like regular eating utensils are disgusting and everyone's mouth has been on the same fork and you wash it with the same towel you washed other dishes with. If I don't have plastic then I won't eat. It's the same with cups too. I have to have disposable cups. Otherwise, I'll be thirsty. Am I weird. ?

Most Helpful Guy

• omg I am the exact same way lol I haven't used a metal fork or spoon in a while. I also only use chopsticks I buy and I bring my own forks and spoons out to eat sometimes. I don't like using glass cups and such either, I horde like 20 plastic bottles that I wash and fill with drinks. It's a weird group to be a part of but there are others like this out there. We are a secret society lol

Some people like what they like but I don't think you're that weird

I will say I've had to go some extra lengths to recycle and such but it's worth it.

• and when I say a while I mean years lol

• I have a plastic solo cup that I use for water. I don't like putting my mouth up to water bottles because I try to avoid back wash. What's wrong with us. ?

• I have no idea if it's a phobia or not but I've lived like this for over 10 years, when I was real little I guess I didn't have a choice but yeah I don't really know. I just hope people accept me for who I am and I don't see it as anything out of the ordinary, so my advice is to not worry about it. There is nothing really wrong with us, and just do what you're comfortable doing. They can't force us to use a metal spoon lol. Maybe it's a germ related phobia because I also have to have everything really clean as well.

What Guys Said 3

• I am the total opposite I can't eat with plastic cutlery or drink with plastic cups - I need real thing.

• I can't have the real thing lol

• i mean its weird, its not bad like someone would care about it just weird

• How. ? Is it a phobia. ?

• Hmm? No I'm saying that while it's weird it's not a bad thing someone would judge you on.

• it's what you do

What Girls Said 3

• That's a little past weird and possibly hazardous to your health. You should consider asking your parents to take you to see a professional.

• Is it that serious. ?

• Styrofoam and plastic utensils are all made of really low quality plastics. If you're constantly using them, you're putting small doses of chemicals like BPA and styrene. It would be better for you to invest in your own ceramic plate, bowl, cup, and utensils that you clean yourself then continuing to eat off of only plastics.

• Not weird but I would get annoyed, lol. :p
    My brother doesn't like to drink water from mugs. He only drinks from certain glasses, so whenever he asks me to bring water, and I bring it in mug, he refuses to drink from it.

Grr, lol.

It's fine if you don't face similar situation like this.

• Do you not care about our environment?

• That's not what I asked.