Is anyone here from Pakistan? Also I wanted to know what do people have perception of the country Pakistan because media depicts it all wrong?

I am from Pakistan by the way. :p

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sure the media wildly exaggerates a lot of things. Its called mainstream media. Media depicts the negative aspects of some country, but fails to show the possitives. So I would never judge any country, person, or anything as a matter of fact purely based on what media says.

I'm Indian by the way, the closest thing

What Girls Said 3

• You sure? Hear they tried to get an adolescent child into Australia to marry their son.

• Well I am not aware of that. But should generalizations be made merely on a single incident?

• I haven't found anyone of u interesting just mad angry vengeful people quick to act like they are the greatest victims of the world.

• That was a bit... Mean of u to say :(

• Pakistan apparently has a high gang rape rate.

• Im from Pakistan
    Yayy ^^

What Guys Said 13

• Don't know much. Enlighten me. Seriously, the only thing I know is there is bad blood between pakistan and india and that they are fighting over a territory that has large source of freshwater, and some terrorist organizations are gaining considerable foot hold and causing straing between pakistan and india, at least according to vice. Other then that I don't know a thing. But I would like to.

• Well there are disputes between Pakistan and India and this is also the main cause of this sort of propaganda against Pakistan but I would again say India do have the wonderful people and so do Pakistan infact every country have.

• I agree entirley. There is a diffrence between government and the people. I think thats also the reason why people hate america is they can't differentiate between the government and the actual people. What negative propaganda do you think there is and what is wrong with it?

• I agree - I think nearly every person here would feel aggrieved by how their country is portrayed by some elements of the media.

• Well, I've never been there so all I have to go on is what I've either read about or seen on TV which shows it to be a hub for terrorism, a place where men treat women as second class citizens and child prostitution is a normal thing which tells a lot about the attitudes of Pakistani men.
    It's a very hostile place for foreigners too.

This is all what I've heard

• As I mentioned media depicts it all wrong. I agree that some places are not safe and some places are where women are not treated well but believe me it is not the case everywhere. It is a pretty cool country with real good people. :)

• Glad to hear its not all bad

• Right now my opinion is that I am not visiting any country where blasphemy is punishable by death. I know many fine people from Pakistan, but right now the country is not a safe place. And yeah, a lot of that is the fault of western governments, particularly the UK and US.

• My perception of Pakistan is much more informed than the average American's I bet, if not only because I do lots of historical research on India, so it would be impossible not to know a fair amount about Pakistan as well.

• I always thought of Pakistan as a pretty stable country in the Middle East. I have no problems with it but I also know very little v. v

• I'm from what was formerly known as East Pakistan if that counts.
    Most people's attitude is "Pakistan murdabad" it seems, and they're all terrorists.

But what are you going to do, its the media...

• IA there a lot of animosity towards India in your country? And is there a power struggle between radicalized Muslim Groups and non radical Muslims? I'm curious that's what I've been taught

• All we see on tv is how chaotic it can be over there

• Well do try to explore and do you think media is right everytime? Ask yourself. Media only wants its TRP.

• i don't believe it of course, im just telling you what the media says and shows about your country

• Pakistan kappy

• I have a few friends who live in Pakistan.

• Unless I was born rich, I wouldn't want to live there.

• I have two questions that I already know the answers to but I am curious to see if you will admit it. In Pakistan, what is the punishment for saying something against Islam? Also, what is the punishment for a woman who no longer wants to be with her husband?