Why are some people still bothered by gay-marriage being legal in America?

I'm just curious. I can understand that we all have freedoms to believe whatever we want but there's always a limit to those freedoms. The only reasons I can think of for people's hostility towards gays are for religious reason and men's egos and insecurities. While I can understand that they have the right to believe in the old testament bible, they have absolutely no right to force their beliefs on other people and maliciously display hostility towards those who disagree with them or doesn't subscribe to their philosophies.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am one of those who are actually against homosexuality and oppose gay-marriage. I haven't had this opinion for religious reasons only , but for logical ones as well. In fact , I never mention the religious aspect when I talk about this issue. I won't speak for everyone , but personally , I don't spread hate or be mean to gay people. I respect everyone as long as they respect me. Though i agree with you when it comes to this type of people who keep disrespecting others they disagree with ( this includes everyone , whether they are " homophobic " as people call them or " pro homosexuality ) But I know that despite all that , some people would still call me homophobic ( which , I noticed , is considered an obnoxious thing ) just because I have a different opinion. I don't understand why many people don't seem to realize that as well.

• Okay, then what exactly is your "logical" reason behind disagreeing with homosexuality and gay-marriage, aside from reproductive reasons? I don't see any logical reasons behind them. The way I see it, it's just a bunch of people finding more excuses to micromanage other people's lives. Besides, homosexuals make up a minority of the human population and earth is slowly becoming too overpopulated anyway with a lot of unwanted pregnancies.

• I'm not bothered of your opinion. I'm just saying everyone has the freedom to live whatever lifestyle they chose and what they believe in, whether they're a part of the norm or not, as long as no one is harming and maliciously bullying others. If you dislike gay people, then don't hang around or make friends with them. It's that simple.

• @Asker : so you still don't really get my point. I dislike homosexuality not homosexuals themselves. If I had a friend but I found out later that they were homosexual , I won't cut off my contact with them nor force them to stop but I will just continue to disagree about homosexuality itself. People are different and I am fully aware of what that means. I have always embraced this fact , so just because I hate apples while another person I know loves them , doesn't mean I should stop talking to them nor should I force myself to love apples as well in order to keep talking to them ! The same goes with everything else in this world , starting from such trivial matters that we don't notice to the more serious ones like homosexuality. Let everyone have the opinion they want and don't just force anyone to accept something they dislike and as long as there's mutual respect , then I don't really see the point in minding such matter. My words are addressed to both parties of course.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people believed marriage was legally recognized to deal with biological offspring and the resultant parental obligations, even if they weren't wanted. The recent ruling confirmed that the federal government does not hold that to be the fundamental reason for recognizing marriage (although it does still assume paternity of a male spouse when a female spouse gives birth). The court did not give definite conditions for the basis of a legally recognized marriage, which makes it impossible for local governments to know which marriage license applications they are allowed and not allowed to approve if an unusual one comes up. (The federal government doesn't issue marriage licenses, to my knowledge.)

Additionally, the logic used to get to the ruling is very convoluted and unconvincing for a lot of people. Many people also believe that the proper place for deciding the basis for a legal marriage is the legislative branch, not the judicial or the executive.

What Girls Said 5

• I have no idea, I'm from SoCalifornia, so it's just so normal here to be ok with any sexuality that I'm always shocked by bigots.

• Some are conservative and still think it's unacceptable

• Tolerance of homosexuality leads to tolerance of other things

• What do you mean by that?

• @DontWannaTypeMyName

• lol yeah I can imagine that happening... people are taking the freedom and equality thing way too far.

• Who cares?
    Let them not like it
    As long as they aren't bothering anyone, idgaf how they feel

• Yeah but the problem is, some of them actually do bother the homosexuals and act upon their beliefs.

• Yes and/or harrass them. There's a thing called hate crime and plus, just because you have freedom of speech, doesn't give you the right to bully someone different from you. There's always a limitation to your freedom of speech.

• You are totally right. I haven't heard of any hate crimes in my area though. But if they do that to them they should be reported and charged for it. You shouldn't disrespect and harass people but there will be nasty people like that for awhile still. Hopefully that way of thinking will die out.

Its silly how people feel about how someone else engages in the bedroom. Because thats bascially the fuss and its not their problem

• because they are arrogant fuck heads

What Guys Said 5

• I suppose you can just ignore them - Same sex marriage is legal now so time to move on and not pay attention to the vocal opposition.

• I think most people just don't really like being reminded of the activities taking place in a gay relationship.

It's a man shoving his penis into the arse of another man. I don't mean to offend people but we'll, that's exactly what it is.

• How are people being reminded of a man shoving his penis into another man's rectum? It's most likely the people who even first thought of that idea of how gay relationships are, not the media or gays. Gay relationships are just romance and love out of the sexual orientation norms.

• I may be a bit color blind but I'd say it's a brown area.

• Thats so lame lmao

• Or maybe because I simply don't like nor agree with it, it's not really rocket science.

• Well, no one is saying you don't have the right to disagree with them. However, we all have the freedoms to believe and be whoever we want (including being born homosexual) as long as we don't harm or bully anyone for it and their freedoms. I may not disagree with other people's viewpoints but that doesn't me I should be shoving my own beliefs down people's throats.

• I don't shove my beliefs down peoples throats either, but I certainly will exorcise my right to be vocal about it and make sure people know were I stand on the matter.

• Am gay and waiting for all of your opinions

• I hate when really hot chicks are lesbians. that pisses me off! I wanna kill them.