What's your opinion about Islam?

I know y'all people are fed up of this kinda of questions however I would like to share my view too. I have Muslims friends but I don't like their religion to be honest. First I don't like their rules, like their women supposed to marry one of them but their man can marry other religions women (greedy huh?) , I know this by experience ( I had a Muslim gf). Their women have no rights and I feel very bad about them. Most of them cannot take opinions against their religion, if you give them or honest opinion they almost wanna chop your head off (some do and I seen beheading videos in the name of "Allah"), we don't see Jews or Christians doing similar after recieving an opinion from someone against them. Sorry but you guys won't take the facts, you can't protect your religion if you keep acting like this.

Thanks for your opinions👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly I think it is an abomination. I have no problem with people believing in whatever religion they want but the entire way they act on top of having a modern day kill squad while the "others" do nothing about it to stand up to and stop them is remarkable to me.

How can people claim to be so devout going as far to canning people who say something against the religion like in Egypt recently to not standing up against people who are using the name of their religion to do the things they are doing? So it's bad to speak poorly about the religion but it isn't bad to behead, murder, rape, defile and massacre thousands in the name of the same religion? Where are the other Muslim countries to stand up to this? Why haven't they, in massive force done so? Why haven't the Muslim "groups" in western world not done the same?

It's an awful group. A truly miserable group.

• In Egypt those people who use relgion for politics reasons arw considered terrorists

• I choose this answer as best by mistake

• Your question is a mistake too.

What Girls Said 12

• it's a religion i happily coexist with, but not one i necessarily agree with.
    i respect its people and traditions. i dont agree with some of the teachings.

• we don't see Jews or Christians doing similar after recieving an opinion from someone against them'
    It is funniest thing I have heard lately.
    Have u ever read Galileo's life? He was put on trial twice by Catholic church because of his scientific searches.
    What about The Crusades?
    They were were military campaigns sanctioned by the Latin Roman Catholic Church during the High Middle Ages and Late Middle Ages to destroy Muslim territories.
    When will you educate yourself?

• Catholics are more like pagans since they worships loads of saints but the real God, plus they add extra books to the bible, I dont see them as christians

• Dont even try to curse me

• @Asker When did Catholics begin saint worship?

Oh, wait, I see, you are a misinformed Protestant. Well let me educate you: Catholics do not worship saints. We uphold their lives as historical icons, no different than an American would Lincoln or Washington. We ask them to intercede on our behalf to God no differently than you would ask a fellow Christian to pray for something you care about. We recognize that they are those whose lives have followed God's will closely. That is all.

• Islam is not the problem, its the people who hasn't evolved from the old archaic rules placed upon the ideas of how to apply faith in their lives.

• It all depends how extreme they are. You say, you don't see the same with jews or christians. Ever tried to argue with a conservative jew (the ones in black with the funny hair and hats) or an extremist christian? Not that much different. I know many very educated muslims, and they behave normal, not extreme.

• You guys can't eat pig meat, you are missing out, I'm telling you!
    And I'm jealous of your bond with your parents and family, it's strong, stronger...

Oh and I have a friend who is Muslim, but if I have an honest opinion, he takes the time to explain me it. Wether or not my opinion changes from there, he still respects me

• I am fine without eating pork tbh. :) It's not that big of a deal for me.

• People are entitled to their own beliefs... the end.

I judge others based on their actions towards me personally... nothing more.

• Person not the religion

• I think that there's a lot of myths surrounding this religion, and that people are quick to judge.

• I have a lot if Muslim friends who I love to death too. But the religion seems EXTREMELY sexist. A lot of things concern me but at the end of the day it's none of my business. They have free will.

But I will say my whole family is filled with over the top Christians who seem to talk about how Christian they are but their actions don't say the same.

I'm a happy athiest and respect everyone's right to practice what they want. Just don't push your beliefs onto me saying that I won't be saved and shit. Fucken makes me so angry

• first of all islam doesnot restrain anyone not even the women to marry someone of their choice. infact, love marriages are preferred. women can't marry a non muslim because her partner might not want to adjust to her religious practices however for men its different. if u had a muslim girlfriend then you should have def. asked her why she is going out w/ a non muslim. its people like this and the ones you mentioned about the beheadings that become the reasons for such disgusting stereotypes about a religion or faith (not just islam). muslims defend their religion because its a natural thing to defend you faith but i think instead of asking questions on a social media site, you should do you own research on such sensitive issues. but you are right, instead of attacking the person if a question is asked, everyone should just clarify.

• We had to date secretly, and i woundlt see her for weeks and i couldnt take it anymore

• I think that their are some extremists which give it a bad name. Some cultures which have very strict rules for women, which are often unfair and seem illegal. However, Islam can be interpreted in a very peaceful way. It speaks highly of prayer and of giving to charity. I've certainly met some very lovely Muslim people and i think it would be a shame to simply judge it by it's worst examples.
    There have been many things in the news about Catholic Priests molesting children but that doesn't mean the doctrine of Catholicism is necessarily a bad thing or should be done away with altogether.
    Human beings are diverse, as are the cultures they are a part of... It's important to recognize that many of the interpretations surrounding different religions are not necessarily inferred within the religion itself, but stem from a mixture of culture, tradition and social trends.

What Guys Said 13

• Here's an article about a Christian (an ordained Minister, no less!) who planned a terrorist attack against Muslims in New York:

www.thedailybeast.com/.../...etting-any-press.html

There are many more instances of Christians, Catholics, and Jews involving themselves in terrorist activities. Clearly they're not seen as being quite as newsworthy by the now-deteriorating American journalism, but they absolutely exist.

There's also Christian bombing of abortion clinics, assassination of doctors that practice abortion with their patients, and so on and so forth. And this is all stuff that happens on American soil, too.

My point is this: you're gonna find a bad apple in every barrel if you look hard enough, but people don't seem to want to be thorough about it. And more important than that, there are so many beautiful Muslims, Christians, Mormons, Catholics, etc., and it'd be a shame to miss out on them because you've jumped to poor conclusions based on a select few that are bad.

• I don't like any religion to be honest.
    >Did Bush claim God told him to invade Iraq? Yes, he did:

noplaceforsheep.com/.../
    >George Bush: 'God told me to end the tyranny in Iraq':
    www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

>Bush Told Chirac Iraq Invasion Was About Biblical Prophecy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3n3bWLEvJk

>Tony Blair believed God wanted him to go to war to fight evil: www.telegraph.co.uk/.../...-claims-his-mentor.html

Palin "Iraq war is a task from God.":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnGSk6N0Ugg
    Sarah Palin Debate War On Iraq And The Mission From God :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dAlPu2mHY

Sarah Palin: War in Iraq is "God's Plan":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H-btXPfhGs

That's why I don't like Christianity any more than I like Islam

• It's not a religion I agree with or will ever agree with, but the people themselves some I've met on here have been decent, understanding, others complete opposite, just like anywhere else.

• All the muslim people that I know are awesome. You are talking bullshit.

• You haven't read my text properly, i hate the religion but i still have friends and respect them

• LOL -- we don't see Jews or Christians doing similar. Really? What about the abortion doctor murders, and the general terrorization of women seeking an abortion? What about the threats against anyone who dares to complain about unconstitutional promotion of Christianity by local governments, particularly public schools? If the dominionist Christians had control they would be just as bloody as the Islamists.

When the church had political power it was just as vicious as the Islamists today.

• What about Christian troops and planes killing millions of Iraqis? Killing millions of American indians?

• OK, the millions of American indians weren't killed using planes. So what?

• I live in an area with a lot of Muslims, and in my experience they're perfectly fine. Some of them don't adhere to the rules as strictly as others, and some use different rules, so you really can't bunch them all into one group. Besides, basically every religion has some pretty crazy things they believe.

• I am bored with ur ignorance , I hope u get some good educational in the future

• First give a proper opinion then call me ignorant, i am talking about life experiences and facts.

• i dont see what point you trying to reach here, If you want to keep your religion fine, but let me have my opinion.

• I am letting u have ur opinion what did I do?

• This comes down to an improper understanding religious text. The Quran can be misinterpreted to mean religiously authorized genocide (if you read it more literally, it says that anyone who isn't Muslim deserves death).
    I know this sounds sacrilege, but I think Muslims need to trim any and all mentions of acceptable killing directly out of the Quran. People are entitled to beliefs until they start hurting others. Those beliefs that hurt others must be stamped out like a cinder from a camp fire. If we don't, the whole forest might go up in flames. There are many, many more ways to teach about justice than to call for bloodshed.

• Really where did u read that in the quran

• Quran (4:56) - Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses - We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

Quran 66:9 - O Prophet, strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites and be harsh upon them. And their refuge is Hell, and wretched is the destination.

Now, I am not saying that Islam is evil. Far from it. I am just saying, texts like these may lead to misunderstandings. If taken in the wrong way, the first one can come to mean that jihad must be taken against all non-believers, "driving them into a Fire" can be taken as "bring war and death to them".

• I do not argue that point about the Bible. We need only look at the history of America to see where Christianity can be destructive (Salem Witch Trials, anyone). Even today, people misinterpret the Bible, like those scumbag Westboro Baptists. I am of the opinion that we need a more unified, cleaned up version of our religious texts (all religions), versions that reflect the modern era rather than one that passed millennia ago.

• you appear to be a bit misinformed

muslims are one of the nicest people on the planet. they are laid back and very welcoming.

• There's nothing nice about refusing your people the right to enjoy pork and forcing them to have parts of their penises chopped off

• Not EVERYONE in America. Fewer and fewer these days and that is by no means a justification for it.

What what do you mean pork isn't that great. Ever heard of bacon? I mean it's only the single tastiest meat in existence.
      Pork sausages, roast pork, pork belly, pork ribs, pork pies, sweet and sour pork. It's all fucking delicious.

And you don't choose to have a bit of your dick cut off at birth and you certainly don't choose to convert to Islam when Isis invades your village and tells you to either be Muslim or die.

• @Sexualchrist think before you post mate, you are making yourself look silly

• And worst of all they can't eat pork and have to get part of their penises brutally sliced off.

• Americans won't eat horse meat and are circumcized too.

• And kind sir capable of an adult discussion, please pass this message on to OnionsNstuff who cowardly blocked me so I couldn't respond to his silly comment.
      To him I say this:

If you realise your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on just don't say anything rather than making a silly, immature comment.

• @Jacquesvol yes I knew that but you wouldn't find many Christians these days who still do it for that reason.

Well, not many outside America anyway. You never really have a proper grasp of just how many backward whack jobs there are in America

• It's just another crazy religion I'm not interested in.

• Similar to Mormonism and Scientology.

• Most people don't actually know what is really said in the Quran like you because women and men are supposed to be treated fairly equally in Islam. Even a lot of Muslims haven't actually studied it.(Mostly because a lot of Muslim dominated countries don't have great education on teaching people to read).