When you buy something from a store and pay it with cash, do you return the money if the cashier gives you extra change?

Extra change as in if you give $10 for $6 purchase, by mistake they may give you $12 back.

just an example.

would you return the money or keep it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I notice while still in the store, I return it.

I used to be a cashier, and we'd get written up for being a little short.

Fired if it was a lot, they thought we stole it, or if it happened multiple times.

What Guys Said 5

• I never count my shit when they hand me money back, I only realize later I have more money in my wallet than before and by that point im nowhere near the place where I bought something so I just say fuck it. lol

• I'd return it if I noticed it in time, but if I per say got only 1 euro too much and noticed it when I came home I wouldn't go all the way back ^^

• I keep it.

• I am financially comfortable enough now that I would give it back but there was a time when I was struggling a lot and would not have given it back. I don't remember it ever happening though.

• I would if I knew. I usually don't even count it though. It's bad ik but I'm just naturally trusting. I'm working on it

What Girls Said 3

• I'd return the money. I don't feel right taking another person's money like that even if it's from a store. Point is it's not mine and I didn't work for it.

• I would definitely return it back.

• You return the money