Why do we criticize people like Donald Trump for getting out of serving in Vietnam when the whole war itself was started based on a lie?

(the Gulf of Tonkin, which never actually happened... they were shooting at nothing)

I almost hate to admit it, but I would love to see Trump become president, because everyone else is just a puppet of the elite. Maybe he is, too, but at least he has the balls to stand up for his beliefs at the risk of being politically incorrect.

I have the utmost respect for veterans... I despise the fact that so many of our soldiers have been sacrificed by the elite for their own selfish reasons (Vietnam, Iraq, etc).

Most Helpful Girl

• He is a billionaire who has so many projects. What if he is running for presidentcy to satisfy his own ego? He hasn't proven himself worthy to run. He isn't like Ronald Reagan who went from an actor to a governor to being a president. Ronald Reagan earned the trust and confidence of the people. Donald Trump has not done that. Being president of U. S. is a serious job and is nothing similiar to being the president of the beauty pageants.

• He's a successful businessman and entrepreneur. He has better credentials than Obama did, that's for sure.

• Ron Paul is my choice, but he'll never get nominated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he's fuckhead who needs to eat shit and die... preferably on TV... I would love to watch that!!!

• What's your opinion on the Vietnam and Iraq wars?

• They were stupid... just like Donald Trump!

What Girls Said 1

• I mean I wouldn't want him being the face of our nation and always saying stupid shit. Especially when everyone already hates us. AND what he said about McCain kind of made me angry, even though I didn't really like McCain in the first place.

• I personally would love to have Ron Paul as our president, but that will never happen, because he would rock the boat too much (getting rid of the Federal Reserve, fighting corruption, etc).

What Guys Said 3

• They're not criticising him for getting a deferment. They're criticising him for criticising a veteran who actually fought, got captured and tortured while he got a break. It's not about the rationale of the war, it's about Donald Trump's hypocrisy.

• He probably wanted to not go to war because it was a war, not because he didn't believe in the cause. I don't really know though. A lot of people look down on people that have avoided the draft I guess.

• I don't criticize him; I was anti-war at that time too.