Parents , do you bathe with your children?

Is it okay to shower with your child?
My boyfriend thinks its wrong i shower with our 2 year old and that she sees me change and use the bathroom.. he says its wring because she will grow up thinking its okay to see people naked in front of her and that its bad.
I dont see anything wrong with it , me and her are both female and she's only 2... i feel like its fine as long as i cut it off at a certain age.
What is your take on this moms and dads?

Most Helpful Guy

• I bathed with my dad many times until I was 6 or so. Sometimes it was even my sister inside too xD
    I don't see why it would be wrong. I think it's worse to try to hide the human body to our kids. I've grown up to not give a shit if I see someone naked abd I'm as good as anyone.
    Keep bonding with your kid you're doing nothing wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's stupid. a century ago there were only public baths and all women used to be naked in front of each other while bathing. Public baths are still popular in japan/korea/ middle east etc. And they are more traditional than the western people... It's okay to be naked. I mean why do you try to make a child feel embarrassed for being naked?

What Guys Said 7

• not really, though it is unusual (depending on the culture). Its also a bit old fashion I think. I use to take baths with my brothers (never parents) but then there where so many of us it was probably easier that way. Just have a cutoff point and you should be fine.

• Tell your boyfriend it is 2015 not 1815.

• I see nothing wrong with it all my friends and family are like this even now at times we may see each other naked/nude in many ways and reasons.

It's fine it's not wrong we are all family and friends and it's not sexuasl to see anyone like that even strangers.
    I know it's not quit what you're asking.

• I see nothing wrong with it, she's still a child and you won't bathe with her forever.

• I think it's acceptable, I mean just don't do it when they reach the age of 4

• I plan to cut it off before she reaches the age of 4.
      I grew up taking showers with my mom and sisters and saw my mom changing all the time and it never caused me to grow up thinking its okay to see other people naked.
      I turned out just fine but he thinks its going to affect her in a bad way.

• No it shouldn't... I took showers holding my daughter till she was 3 1/2 and asked my girlfriend to come get her out when I was done washing her so I can enjoy my shower
      Lol

• That's not wrong at all. My mum showered with me when I was that age. Just makes it a lot easier

• If she begins to get embarrassed then you should stop but everyone is WAY to uptight about nudity...
    everyone either has a penis or a vagina, get over it!

What Girls Said 9

• I showered with my mother basically up until the time I was able to bathe myself. I don't think it's wrong. It's your child!

• Not a parent but my mum always did that until I was like 4 and I turned out half way decent so I see nothing wrong with it

• She's only two... it's weird if once your kid is older and able to bathe herself... but for now, since you've gotta make sure she cleans properly anyways, why not hit two birds with one stone?

• Are you fucking with me? When I was really little (I don't remember, prior to 2 years old) my dad would stand in the shower holding me because the hot water and steam would calm me down. Shit, my brother and I would take baths together when we were 4 and 1 years old.

• I don't think there is anything wrong with that, you're their mother. It will only show them what a real person looks like, not an airbbrushed image.

• I used to bathe with my dad until I was 8. There was no problem. Tell him to grow up

• Its fine its not going to affect her in a bad way.

• It's safer if you shower with her I don't see anything wrong with that when she learns how to bathe by herself then she can do it by herself but for now I don't se anything at all wrong with it

• My mom never showered together or changed in front of me.

I can't tell if it's wrong or not but by not showering with me did not have any bad impact on me.