Was your life ever hard to deal with?

My life was hard I had a mom that left me at the age of 11 & a half. A dad that was on drugs and in and out of jail. And it goes on from there its way to deep. Just wondering did you learn from it? Did it make you a better person in making decisions? Because it made me learn a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad got locked up when I was 2 then got deported. I tried reaching out to him when i was 14 and all he did was lie to me and not give a dam about me. I had to grow up and become the man of the house by getting money by any means from slanging drugs to kicking doors. Did it make me a better person? In my you get years of life no. But now? I think im a better man. What don't break a nigga make a nigga is my motto

• Yup it only makes you stronger. I also had to grow up fast and take care of my other sisters and brother. At that time it was 7 girls and 1 boy. I never knew what it was to be a kid

• That's great that's what's up 😊. I am truly happy for you

• Thanks ☺

What Guys Said 3

• I was an only child. My father died when I was in elementary school and my mother found out she had cancer - metatisized- the same month. She died when I started high school and I lived with relatives who made it clear I was an imposition.

• I don't know if you will get any comfort from this but most people have had to deal with some pretty horrible shit in their lives. My father was a schizophrenic and alcoholic who used to beat the shit out of my mom when I was a kid. What I learned from that was I hated drama and a chaotic lifestyle and made decisions that favored stability in life.

• I did say it was deeper then that right or wrong? Yeah my dad usd to beat my mom too

• LOL, you would think so but for whatever reason there are people out end up repeating the same abusive behaviors. I know for alcohol and opiate addiction there is a genetic link and it can be passed down to their children. So that could explain why people repeat those behaviors.

• Yeah but that's not my story Thank God. My eyes were so wide open from everything I went threw.

• Yes iut was and still hard as fuck

What Girls Said 2

• My life is really hard. It's so hard to deal with that most days I contemplate whether it's better to stay or leave. You can figure out for yourself what I'm talking about.

• Yes. Two years ago i was diagnosed with juvenile arthritis. I was put (And still am) on an awful drug that made my face puff up and made me eat a lot. (Its called Prednisone). I use to be very skinny and actually i was called anorexic many times (I was defiantly not). This is just before i first got into high school and when i came to school the first day, lets just say i found out who my real friends are. I use to have a group about 10 friends, now i only hang out with 3 of them. Whenever i tell people that i have arthritis they always pity me (And i can see it on their face) and its just awkward after that. I go through a lot of different treatments and can't help but hate myself. I started to hate myself more and more. I would lock myself in my room, focus on school and pitied myself. I am way better now and I have actually met a friend that also has arthritis.
    Moral (s) of the story is that those friends that never talked to me after that aren't good friends and I made new friends with what has happened, this experience made me way stronger (and helped me get rid of my fear of needles) and overall life has a way of sorting itself out.
    Sorry that this was so long.

• Your story was long but I loved hearing about it. Life is hard and some people suffer more then others. But we all make it threw alive maybe with tears in our eyes. Maybe with our heart broken in a million pieces. But we do make it and we learn from it. So happy you have new friends. 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊