Is it wrong to think you're better than everyone because you are smarter?

hmm i wonder.

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• Truly smart people don't think that way. The more you know the more you realise how much you don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• of course it is. your qualities should be considered a blessing, something that you should harness to contribute positively to the world, not to create divisions. being a narcissist is one of the most self destructive states of mind.

we all have our talents and make a difference in different ways. someone has what i dont and vice versa. so we all kinda cancel each other out in the end if u think about it.

What Guys Said 17

• *Cough* human psychology time*

Did you know that people scoring lower on tests tend to rate their performance HIGHER than what it is, and that people scoring higher on the tests tend to rate their performance LOWER than what it actually is.

In short; stupid people think they're smarter than what they actually are, and smart people think they're not as smart as they really are.

Use that to analyze OP the way you want.

• One word of advice:
    Beware the Dunning Kruger effect.

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

• It's as wrong as feeling superior because of body type, looks or anything else that you were ;lucky genetically. Learning is something to take pride in but anything that id - for lack of a better expression - "god given" - is simply luck of the draw

• I think so. I believe someone should only strive to be better from their old self. That's true success in my opinion.

• But what happens if you are objectively smarter than most, like me? Ha ha kidding... it's arrogant.

• Yup it is.

• Being smart is relative to things. People are smart in different areas. For example some people are thinkers where others are just good at remembering answers

• Yes, because you're not smarter than everyone if you think you're better than everyone.

• Not exactly better. I just make better choices than most people I know.

• you can think whatever you want

• Just because you are smart does not mean you are a good person.

• You really ain't shit

• if you think i am a good... it is good but if you think i am the good... then it is bad :-)

• It's not wrong or right but it is confused. 'Better' is a qualifier which only has meaning in the context of a defined standard. You can be a better basketball player but not just 'better'. A 'better human being' requires you to make clear what constitutes 'better' in the context because, unlike basketball, there is no widespread agreement what better means in general with regard to humans.

So it's not wrong or right, it's gibberish.

• Of course it is 110% wrong. Just because you are smarter, better looking, have more money, whatever it is... doesn't define who you are and thus it doesn't make you any BETTER than the homeless man on the street. Everyone is human and those are things you are taking for granted. Your smarts? You could lose it all with some kind of disease or accident. Your beauty? You could be disfigured.

• Incorrect = wrong.
    Correct = right.

If we don't know if you're smarter, there's no way to know if it's wrong.

I just outsmarted you and I'm better than all of you.

• if you were really smart you would't even think that way you would't have time to waste on such trivial thoughts so you prb not as smart as you think you are if you are a person who thinks of such things

What Girls Said 14

• If you really have to ask then question then you must not be that smart...

• Yeah. Arrogance is pretty off-putting.

• I have a friend and she has a 97% average. When i have a conversation with her, she is an idiot. She doesn't know how to talk to people properly. One time she told me that she was very smart and that her brain just functions fast than mine does. I told her how rude that was and haven't spoken to her since.
    Its rude and you'll look like a snob if you think your so amazing because your smart.

• We can be smart. Not "smarter" so yes it is wrong

• If it makes you be an asshole, then yes, it is bad. That, and the dunning Krueger effect states that people are terrible at accurately measuring their skills.

• A wise man told me that anyone who thinks that he's smart is the stupidest of all people.

• No. One's measure of worth determined by me is how we treat others. Jerks are bottomfeeders.

• Yes, we all have our ignorant or stupid moments. I'm pretty sure you don't know literally everything, right?

• So lo ng as your actually smarter and not just pretentious it's ok.

• Yes, but that never really stopped me.

• I dont think ur smart unless you have ran a company. Hahahaha.

• INTJ Here! No, it's not wrong to think like this. Just don't say it or present yourself in an arrogant manner. Humility & Selflessness is your friend. Use your intellect to help not to hurt.

You're going to get mostly "Yes" answers, because of the limited amount of intellects in the world.

• No it's not wrong. You are indeed better than them dumb dumbs. Your brain is bigger so you fucin win :)

• Yes, it is.
    It is okay to know or feel smart but not above everyone else.