Cats vs Dogs? Which is better to own?

Say you had a friend that wanted to get either a cat or a dog but they never owned either one before, which would you recommend for them and how would you convince them?

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gU2ZPcS-bAk/maxresdefault.jpg

• #CatLife 🐈🐱
  • #DogLife 🐕🐶

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends whether you want an animal high maintenance or not.
    Dogs involve much more maintenance, cats pee and poop somewhere usually outside and bury it themselves!
    But they say dogs are more loving?
    I think depending on the specific cat or dog, cats and dogs are just as loving,
    but dogs are usually more energetic. (Which again energetic animals also involve high maintenance.)
    I love both tbh.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a dog and a cat, I love both equally

What Girls Said 5

• Okay I'm an animal person and I love them both, but I slightly like dogs more which is why I own one. But besides my opinion it's really up to you and which pet will fit your life style better:

It depends on how much responsibility you're willing to take and how often you'll be at home/there for it.

If you want a loyal loveable pet go for a dog but they do require a lot of attention and other needs. Such as training, exercise, grooming, etc.

But if you want an animal to occasionally cuddle and especially at night go for a cat because they're pretty independent. Cats typically clean their self and if you get them a toy to chase around or to climb they can get rid of they're extra energy since they're usually not outdoor pets.

• Get a cat that is a kitten - they can be trained like dogs but much less work is needed to get them to behave. My cats fetch, come when called, and wonderfully, never needed to be potty trained.

• Camels! Sooo beautiful! :)

• A dog requires more love and supervision. So if you barely spend any time at home, a cat is more optimal. But ideally, dogs are better. They actually care about you.

• Cats are easier and (usually) cheaper to look after

What Guys Said 1

• Cats are low maintenance and independent. If you have lots of spare time, then dogs are probably better.