If you had kids, how would you punish them?

Or if you already have them, how do you do it?

Here are some options:

1. hitting
2. make them cut grass with scissors, or clean the floor with a toothbrush
3. send them to a 3rd world country

Do you have any other ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would do it how my parents taught me, with disciplinary actions. First, I would start with a casual warning. Then, If bad behavior continues, I would warn them again. If it continues, Then I punish by taking away an electronic device, or something they love to learn not to do it again. Lastly, If taking away electronics/something they love isn't a decent enough solution's, Its time to move onto spankings. My future children will learn to respect others, even with a light patting on the butt. I was raised this way, and honestly think it was a effective way, because I learned never to cross that path again. Parents these days are too light on their children, they need to be mentored, and they can't learn by being off an electronic for a day. I may sound like I would be a strict parent, but to be completely honest, I would rather have my kids raised knowing right from wrong, than stealing from a thrift store because they couldn't go outside.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• I wouldn't punish them. I would discipline them but not in a cruel way. My father would use reasing with my siblings and me. He would teach us by his. example too. We were never punished harshly he gained contol with love and kindness.
    I would ground them etc but i would never hit them

• If my child made a really mistake... then I would just ground them. That means, keep their room clean, study and I won't allow them to go out with friends for the next few days

• you're so pretty... can I kiss your lips? It would make my week...

PM me...

• Sry, i accidentally pressed the "don't like" button, or what it's called. :'D

• Redstart, you're making racist harassing comments, and it's not excusable.

• I would NEVER hit my child. I was hit during the first 13 years of my life and now I have several mental disorders.
    So, everyone who says it's okay to hit a child: You ruin your kids life!!!

I would ground them, take their cell phone and TV and turn off the internet.

• Put them in the basement and feed them pins!

• I will discipline my children in the future by:
    Putting all of their electronics on punishment for an hour.
    Not letting her/him go outside.
    And write "I will not... again." 100 times on paper.

• It depends on what they have done wrong

But a visit to some war country would be nice, so they get confronted with what's happening over there

• By ignoring them.. I will not tolerate disrespect!

• If this is what you want kids for, then don't have kids.

• :/ so you don't want your child to respect their elders it's fine if you don't

• You have the two types of respect mixed up

• @ulyss no, I don't have anyone mixed up here. If you have to punch your kids into submission then you are doing a terrible job as a parent. My parents were never so weak that they would have to lunch me until I agreed with them so that they could get their point across, and apparently I have managed to become far more empathetic than those who think the only way to make a child do as you order them to is through physical pain, violence, and causing scars that take months to heal.

• Simple slap.

• Time out, no desert for a few days, no tv... things like that. It also depends on why they do.

Don't ever procreate :)

• What I do with my nephew and niece, I respect them and show them to respect me. Show them I love them. But I am strict when they start getting to anx. I ask them once if they don't do it they know I don't play around and there will be consequences such as no taking them to watch movies. I stick to my word. They listen to me more than they do to their parents. I love them to death and I spoil them a lot but if they misbehave I know how to get them back on track. :)

What Guys Said 12

• I have no fixed rules with my kid. She knows anything is possible, though I'd never do anything really violent to her. She knows she won't get away with disrespecting us or acting out all the time without good reason.

• Taking away privileges or fines would be a good idea.

Spanking is a thing a lot of parents like, but it has one specific condition--if you spank a kid to vent frustration, or because the kid was annoying, or you spank the kid because you really want to just beat them up--then you deserve to be hit in the head with a hammer.

Spanking is only alright if done by a calm, careful parent who is punishing direct defiance.

If you spank to vent your rage, your kid only learns that when they are big enough, they can beat the bully--you--up.

• Make them do chores and take away their toys/hobbies away for whatever period of time I think will burn the lesson of knowing right from wrong in them.

• I'd punish them by having them and bringing them into existence... MWahahaha!!! Lol

• I'd let them keep their phones or whatever but take away the charger to let the see their device slowly die

• I didn't realise that countries like mine are forms of punishment -_-

• A good old military beasting.

• By being their father. lol

• by knockin their block off

• Send them to a Communist concentration camp (Oh My God, that is cruel).

• Beat their asses.

• depending on how bad is the situation