How is homosexuality comparable to incest and pedophilia?

I'm no gay man but I'm just curious. People keep on saying that now gay-marriage is illegal, incest and pedophilia will eventually become legal and socially acceptable (without any reliable or valid proof on their little argument), as if gay-marriage or homosexuality has any valid connections to these mental illnesses. Aside from the fact that they're all considered socially out of the norm, I wouldn't go as far as comparing homosexuality to pedophilia, incest and bestiality when there are no relations between them (aside from them relating to sex). Besides, what logic is there to be hateful towards homosexuality or any other sexual orientation ouside of heterosexuality when it doesn't really harm anyone other than butthurt idiots who expect the world to be perfect and religious by their standards? People often say how it harms "natural law" and all sorts of bullcrap. People around the world constantly give birth to a shit ton of a baby so it really doesn't matter anyay.

I've known a few men who were gay and they are actually disgusted of pedophilia and incest. Before I end my question details, all I'll say is that while there's nothing wrong with disagreeing with homosexuality and gay-marriage at all, there's no need to form up an "appeal to tradition: and faulty cause fallacy as a valid source to prove your point that gay-marriage or social approval of homosexuality will cause society to accept mental illnesses like pedophilia, bestiality and incest.

now that gay marriage is *legal*...

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not, people just like to try to make them sound similar or connected to vilify homosexuality. The whole idea is built on a few logical fallacies. For starters, just because homosexuality is now legal doesn't at all mean that pedophilia or incest is more likely to become legal next. More importantly, they're three very different situations.

Homosexuality is centered on a healthy relationship between two consenting adults. Whereas pedophilia involves an adult preying on a child who cannot legally consent to the arrangement because they haven't reach the mental or sexual maturity that would enable them to confidently make that choice for themselves. Incest typically does involve a consenting relationship between two adults but the problem here is that there is a higher risk for disease with their offspring because bad family genetics would not be as likely to be bred out. Homosexual relationships don't suffer from this problem because it's not even possible for them to procreate.

As for the natural law idea, that's not really a justifiable reason to make homosexual marriage illegal either. Like you said, we're already overpopulated as it is so we shouldn't make expanding our species such a priority. Also, just because homosexuals can now get married, doesn't stop heterosexual people from getting married and propagating the species. Also, marriage is really irrelevant to the "natural order" anyway. You don't need marriage to have kids and if someone's homosexual, they're not going to start making babies in heterosexual relationships just because they can't marry their own sex. They'd just stick with homosexual relationships but not be allowed to express their love and commitment legally like straight people.

It just doesn't make sense on any logical level to make homosexual marriage illegal.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not. Religious bigots just tend to use incest and pedophilia as a slippery slope argument which is a logical fallacy.

What Girls Said 6

• That argument is so, where do I begin?

I don't really hear the incest argument often. I don't have much to say about that.

What I do hear is the pedophilia and beastiality argument. And all I have to say is anyone who compares two men or two women getting married to a child or animal who has no grasp on the concept of marriage what so ever, should be punched in their face.

• Because there are many homophobic prudes that are terrified of it because they don't understand it and don't think it should be understood. Thankfully times are changing and they're waning out

• Homosexuality is actually just as comparable to pedophelia and incest as heterosexuality is lmao - tbh people who rant like this are usually homophobic and clearly lack brains.

• Boyscout leaders... JK lol it doesn't have any connection at all to pedaphillia and insest and those who say otherwise definitely can't support it with facts

• I think it's just narrow mindedness

• Because homosexuality, pedophilia, and incest all include intercourse between two people who most likely should not be involved with one another... You ask? I tell.

What Guys Said 10

• The primary reason people say that incest and pedophiles will want to have legal marriage standing is because of the bullshit argument that homosexuals wanted this for "love" and "marriage equality". Ok... taking that premise, then what's to stop ANY consenting adults or ANY individuals over the age of consent demanding the exact same thing?

The precedent has now been set - based on "love" and because they care about each other. That's the reason that's been shoved at us for the past couple years.

The door's open now - all about love and marriage "equality". So... expect polygamists, polyamorists, individuals involved in incest, and even those insisting on marrying their pets to ALL want to be married. Remember, their argument is the same as the homosexuals. It's all about "love and marriage equality". It has absolutely NOTHING to do with procreation.

I personally disagree with gay marriage AND any other non-heterosexual man/woman marriage. I didn't open Pandora's box, but mark my words, within 10 years much of what I said above will be allowed in the US.

• So what? How will it change your life? Will YOU be first in line to marry your sheep? Probably not. That's what I don't get. It doesn't affect your life, yet you seem to be vehemently against it. Why would you care? If it can make some people happy, why not let them do what they want when it doesn't hurt anybody?

• But it DOES affect my life and everyone else too. This will require a radical change to. laws which we don't have accommodation for. It will affect all sorts of marriage laws not to mention divorce laws. For instance, who has custody of children in a polygamous marriage? Who can claim them on taxes? What about visitation rights? Toss in polyamorists and you open an even greater can of worms. It goes waaayyy beyond a couple of people who "want to be happy". None of these things have been considered before the SCOTUS decidied to legislate from the bench - something they're not allowed to do. In my opinion, allowing gay marriages -specifically for the reasons gays promoted, is a social disaster for the country as a whole.

• homosexuality is certainly not a mental illness and although i condemn the acts of pedophilia and especially incest i do not consider them to be totally a "mental" condition. the same holds true for bestiality. homosexuals used to be and, especially in the case of children, still are tortured in the attempt to make them "normal". now they can live semi-normal lives as long as the bigots leave them alone. pedophiles are very often young men that have a girlfriend that was below the established age of consent and mom and dad filed charges. incest is wrong on both a moral and a biological scale. if i had to say there were mental issues with any paraphilia it would be incest. it is a lot more common in this world than we want to believe. as for bestiality well i have a strong belief that as long as no physical harm comes to the animal it shouldn't be illegal.

do they have anything to do with each other? no, they are all separate, for the lack of better terms, conditions. will legalizing gay marriage lead to legalizing marring your dog or daughter? never because the taboo against them is established for different reasons. as to pedophilia men: consider yourself a pedophile if you look at a beautiful 17 year old girl and think about what you would do with her in your bed. Ladies: think about what would happen to you if that muscular virile 17 year old boy was to bed you. you too should consider yourself a pedophile. don't say you haven't had thought those thoughts, we all have. but even one day before the established age of consent you are a pedophile according to the law.

so does one open the door to others? in my opinion it doesn't. however it could open up the minds of closed minded religious bigots to realize that their opinion and religious beliefs should not be forced on others just as the beliefs of others should not be forced on them. i feel that the so called "slippery slope" argument will suddenly meet a solid wall as long as religious bigotry prevails over the societies of the world.

• It isn't comparable at all.
    Incest can be rape, depends on the ages and if intergenerational.
    If incest happens between consenting adults the only problem is a BIG one: the health eventual children.
    pedophilia is *always* rape.
    homosexuality happens between consenting people in the same age group.

• There is no good logic, only self affirming logical fallacy, when people make the fatuous link between homosexuality and pedophilia and incest.
    I mean even the latter two behaviours have nothing to do with each other except that both have negative ramifications. Homosexuality has no more negative ramifications that heterosexuality. It's just different. And bestiality is another, completely unrelated behaviour that has nothing in common except it's to do with sexual behaviour. One person who is one of the above can be all or none of the rest of the above. There's no link. They might as well throw in everything else they think is bad for good measure, like wearing two different types of material, or eating shellfish.
    It's all going to go wrong, as if the "problems" they list didn't exist before gay marriage was legalized.
    Utter bunk, total bull.

• Consensual incest should be legal.

Child sex by definition is not consensual. And therefore it should continue to be illegal.

• It's a logical fallacy called slippery slope. Plain and simple.

• they're all sinful.

• Do you have a question? Or should we just let you vent?

• They all involve unnatural sexual acts

• Well, incest should be legal, I don't see the big issue there. I think it's just not a big enough deal to bother changing it. I don't see pedophilia, bestiality or incest as any more mental illnesses than homosexuality. But how much of a "mental illness" it is doesn't matter, it's only a matter of how much damage you do to society. Pedophilia won't become legal, bestiality is unlikely and incest... probably not. Everyone has some manner of mental illness, some quirk, some weirdness about them, I only judge people based on their character and the damage they inflict on the world.