How do u figure out what u want to do in life?

I am currently a preschool teacher but I don't know if that's my passion. I love kids but I don't feel fulfilled. I don't know what I want to do. All I know is I don't want to have any regrets. How did you figure out what you want to be and what steps can I take to help me find my passion in life?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes you don't find it, there's too much emphasis on "finding yourself" when in reality you won't know until you stumble on something. So what do you do if you're working a job you don't like? Start looking for new hobbies, start exploring going back to school for something else, go out and try things you normally don't do. We all fall into ruts where we stop growing as individuals because we feel we've made it and for some people that's fine. To get the most out of life you should never stop learning and exploring your boundaries, as long as you're not hurting others. I have one friend who became an engineer but became involved with someone who was into music and through that connection he eventually became a guitarist for a band which is his full time gig now. Something like that is almost pure luck and you can't really plan for but the point is he explored an avenue that he otherwise would not have.

I never had that "click" moment that some of my friends did when they were becoming engineers, doctors or whatever they chose. A lot of them work jobs they don't necessarily love but they're good at and it pays them enough to indulge in activities they love. There's a balance and it's important to find it, I work a job I'm ok doing but my hobbies are not something I would want to necessarily try to make money with. Meeting new people can be a great way to open yourself up to new ideas.

Most Helpful Girl

• you have to wait until it hits you.

What Guys Said 2

• A hobby of yours that you can acquire money doing should be something you would be passionate about

• Just turned 30 and I still don't know what I want to do. I know what I'm good at and what I get paid decent to do but there is still a void. There are days where I want to be super high level CIO or something then others where I think "fuck it I'll just be a skydiving instructor at some resort in the Caribbean". Probably make less money but live in a tropical paradise and do what I like every day.

What Girls Said 0