Im moving.. should I take the apartment or the collective?

so im going to move and start a new semester at the university in 2 weeks and i haven't found a place to live yet. Or i have found some potential places, but i haven't gotten them for sure.

My sisters friend is moving out from her ampartment which her mother owns. So i get a whole place for myself, and it lives a cat there, but all the expences for the cat will be covered by my sisters friend. The rent is about 570 US dollars a month and its 15 min from the city center with bus.

The other place is a collective where there lives 4 other girls. So i have to share bath room and kitchen with 3 other girls and its about 25 min drom the city center. The rent is about 440 a month.

One part of me wants to take the apartment because people i dont know very well makes me tired (not a super social person, i like my alone time a lot) and no one should share a bathroom with me , for their own health lol.

Another part om me wants to pick the collective (assuming i get it) becaue it "forces" me to get out of my comfortzone a bit, it costs less and the chances of making more friends are bigger.

Which one would you pick?

Most Helpful Guy

• let's say if the others girls are incompatible with you, it will be awkward to cope with the situation like that. i don't know if you would turn into a giant monster in bathroom, but 4 girls share the same bathroom seems a little insufficient you girls definitely get the chance to become a little too close, might see each other naked. and in the morning you get to makeup or something,4 girl a little crowded maybe?
    on the other hand is good to stay in social world, force to acclimate yourself, it's an advantage to campus life.

Most Helpful Girl

• the apartment.

What Guys Said 3

• Take the apartment. 4 other girls will drive you CrAzY.

• All apartment by yourself is a benefit, may be you can have your dates be with you more frequently. And the cat? That's an amazing thing to have free!!

• collective. this way, you can start saving on your house.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm like you - I like my alone time. But I opted to stay in a collective my first year in uni and I've since discovered I like living with other people. I have my own room, so there's a good balance between built-in social interaction and having my own space. The shared bathroom and kitchen can be difficult if people have different standards of housekeeping, but I don't personally find it to be too much of an issue.

• I actually went for the apartment because it was easier.. It was no garantee that i would get the room at the collective, while the apratment was pretty much mine from the start. and i dont need to go through an interview

• That's good too! I hope you enjoy it :)