What do you think of people who always think they're right?

Have you ever encountered someone like this? Do they annoy you when they always claim to be right? I'm not refering to opinions I'm refering to facts. For me these are some of the worst and most frustrating people.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its called counter-dependency and it is usually rooted in an insatiable insecurity emotionally to be anything other than right, since taking responsibility for being wrong is too hard for them. They typically seek out co-dependents in relationships who will cover for their failures out of a desperate desire to be needed.

The whole thing is unhealthy.

What Guys Said 7

• they "can" be so annoying

• Mostly only if they're unwilling to argue about it. People will claim it's 'just their opinion' but be talking about something that isn't a personal thing, it's an objective thing that can be argued. But they just declare that they are right and will flat out tell you that they didn't read your criticism while still claiming it's obviously wrong, but also 'just their opinion and opinions can't be argued.'

• It comes down to a matter of opinion. Actually it's you having the wrong opinion, so I'm right.

• The know-it-all types are some of the worst to talk to. Even when they are right it's like they need to go out of their way to make other people feel stupid.

• Dude, no one is always right. Except me, offcourse..

• sorry how could I forget

• It's super annoying. Awful

• I think they're dumb.

What Girls Said 5

• I've encountered... my best friend. Ugh, the lil' bitch. I love it when I prove him wrong and then he silently accepts his defeat! He annoys the hell out of me when he does that. One week he kept saying he was right about all these thing and that I was wrong (this week was particularly bad) and I proved him right with all three things he accused me of being wrong about. I even sort of yelled it in front of a bunch of our friends and some teachers by accident. I was so pumped up by my victory that I forgot there were others around us, haha. He thinks he's right all the time and says he's the "more mature" one. Lies! We are both immature in our own ways. If anything, I am the more mature one. I get annoyed, but I like it when I can prove them wrong. The shame on their face when they know they've lost the battle gives me energy to prove them wrong once again.

• Funny bc this question is actually geared towards someone who used to be my best friend.

• Yes, I've encountered some and I find them to be extremely annoying.

• They piss me off and they annoy me.

• If they are right most of the time, I like them. I want to learn from them.

• The question was aimed at those who THINK they're right a lot not are right a lot.

• i hate them.