Whats worse than commiting seppuku on yourself?

• there is nothing worse
  • eating someones horrible food

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• I'm sure it's not a pleasant thing to do but you also shouldn't forget that particularly in Japan, suicide has a very different connotation than it does in the west. In most western countries (Europe and North America), suicide is still considered a huge taboo topic. And if people ever talk about it, they usually talk about it very negatively. Even in my home country Switzerland, which is (to my knowledge) the only country in the world where active assistance for suicide is legal and where you'd think people have a open attitude towards suicide it, it's in fact still quite a touchy subject. In western culture, suicide is considered something inherently bad, sad, tragic.
    In Japan, this is not so much the case. Japanese people and Japanese culture have a very unique and interesting concept of suicide. Not only is it considered honorful (still today) but also beautiful. There's a lot of melancholy involved in this topic for Japanese people. The beauty of suicide is to them a very sublime type of beauty. It's both scary and indescribably nice, a bit like Niagara falls maybe. This is why a westerner can never feel the same way as a Japanese person about Seppuku or any other kind of suicide. While for us this is simply brutal and tragic, for Japanese people (and even more so to the Samurai) suicide is/was scary but also something you feel honored to do and something that you look forward to if you are in such a situation.

• Yeah I know about that in Japan. Its very interesting and I had no idea about that s
      Swiz... woah.

When I read some of the letters from WW2 for the Japanese side, it was astonishing.

• restaurant and it's starting to rise slowly as though the restaurant would be flooded. And he just keeps sitting there and puking (and the waiters and all the other guests run out in fear of drowning in his puke). The whole scene is just totally absurd and almost surreal. It's funny but also incredibly weird. Back when I watched this, I asked my dad "what kinda stuff does one have to smoke to come up with such a sketch?" and he was just like "They're British, that's their humor" ;-).
      Another Monty Python sketch that is also kinda weird (not as weird as the one I told you about) is the one I'm gonna post you. It's a particularly interesting one to know about because THIS sketch actually lead to the word "spam" for computers. You know, the junk emails that you get sometimes. The word "spam" for emails and other cyber-trash was inspired by this Monty Python sketch:

• @Bards... how did i know it was you... lol!!
    I selected eating someones horrible food, but it think listening to one of my European civilization II lectures from last semesters is even worse, because at least with seppuku you dont tested on the incision to the abdomen, in my course we would get tested on the stabs to ear that was my professors voice...
    also the pain of seppuku is relatively quick compared to listening to that wretched old man 3 days a week for an hour 30minutes each time! for 3 months! thats 54 hours of torture that you will be tested on! lol

• THAT IS FUCKING AWFUL 😖
      Its worse than ALGEBRA? !

• .. four hours? Damn.

And yeah two Bs kinda sucks when they add them together or whatever... grading is weird. But you did good anyways ❤🏆

• Haha thanks!!! <3

I need one more history class to fulfill my history minor!

• The only thingu worsu thano commiting seppuku is not commiting seppuku after dishonoring your famiry.

• Seppuku - is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment. Seppuku was originally reserved only for samurai, for they lived by a samurai code, Bushido. It was only to be done in order to restore honor upon yourself or clan, or to die a honorable death when bested in battle by a worthy and respected foe or in the feudal politics of Japan at the time it was also reserved for capital punishment. I will not be doing any seppuku anytime soon, life may have thrown into one deep hell hole but I managed to climb out. Things would have to have gotten worse then that period of my life to even think of that. Lastly, keynote to be remembered to even be award the chance to commit seppuku was a HONOR!

• I think Suicide is a good thing, And, It seams like a pretty historically rich way of doing it, So, I'd say a WHOLE lotta things are worse then it.

• Seppuku was originally reserved only for dishonored samurai.

• By definition, everything is worse than seppuku.

• Stepping on a Lego!

And I have a lot of Leo! And I'm sure for a samurai it'd be nothing because they don't fear death, I'm sure the dishonour would be more hurtful to the!

• Voting Conservative.

• Seppuku is a Japanese ritual suicide reserved for samurais.

Saying "committing seppuku on yourself" is the same as saying "commit suicide on yourself".

Even though suicide means to kill yourself.

So you're asking us what's worse than killing yourself on yourself.

stream1.gifsoup.com/.../bruh-o.gif
    MFW I realized how grammatically incorrect your question was

• what is that yo

• Commiting sudoku on yourself.

• setting yourself on fire. injecting battery acid. absolute zero temeperature. freezing to death, starving to death, inflammatory poison etc...

• Battery acid.../cringes/
      I rather freeze than starve

• freezing is worse than starving. it doesn't take as long but it hurts horrifically.

• Ohh ugh. Starving though. Thats scares me more.

• Being burned alive is pretty bad. Tortured to death. I'd rather commit seppuku then get castrated.

What Girls Said 3

• Someone else carving out your intestines but then falling asleep halfway. And you're in the forests of some tropical rainforest. And it's 150 degrees. And there are giant ass tropical spiders and shit. And you only have that little sword which is acting to hold your intestines in - if you take it out your guts come spilling out onto the forest floor. And there are giant tropical fire ants everywhere. This might be a bit worse.

• Awful food comes around more than once.

• I don't understand dishonor in Japanese culture that much, but I guess figuratively it would be going out with crocs in public. Literal could be torture systems such as the iron bull.