Girls, Should guys not smile in profile pics?

A while back I posted a picture I took and asked if I should use it as a profile pic, because honestly I'm not good at social media lol. Anyway I was smiling partially cuz the girl I'm into has complimebted my dimples before... And anyway I was told not to smile for profile pics by some of the guys...
so i was wondering what's the girls oppinion on whether guys should smile for profile pics?

21

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 20

• Don't listen to them. If you look on here even half of the comments girls leave to guys asking how they look or whatever is "smile more!" Because we really care about that. Guys who think it's weak or uncool or whatever to smile are really hurting themselves. Especially if you have a good smile!!

• Well, it depends. Of course a guy can smile in the pic. Do what you want man. But I guess if you're trying to look something specific, like sexy, smiling can appear goofy. But again, it depends on the smile. If you do the mysterious half smile, makes me wonder what secrets you keep. A half smile can give an impression that you're thinking about a specific girl and about the very dirty things you want to do to her. A nice smile as you hug your dog is also kinda sexy (assuming it's a big dog, not a small one). Shows an alpha male who knows a thing or two about dominance. I also like the look of no smile, but sexy eyes. Like in sport magazines, the faces of them guys. A serious look can show that you're done fucking around, you WANT her and you want her NOW. If she's into you and sees the pic, she will imagine that to be the face you make before you fuck her.
    Being too smiley makes you look innocent and a goof-ball.

• Smiling can also establish you as "the nice guy". And if you want a normal, somewhat shy girl, that's the thing to go for. If you have a wild side and you love a fiery girl, perhaps looking TOO nice will make her think you're vanilla. If you want a fiery, feisty girl, look mysterious and slightly arrogant.

• Smile... 😊
    Guys who tell you not to smile are probably those, who want to look badass in their profile pics but turn out to look like wannabe's that get laughed at.

Srsly, a smile is cute.

• Always smile!

• i LOVE smiling in profile pics!! but do you. do what feels/looks right to you.

however i personally can't stand pics where they aren't smiling, bc it makes them look like they take themselves way too seriously. like they have no sense of humor, aren't funny at all, and are way into themselves and are absolutely no fun.

• It is hard to tell without a pic... some guys look good with smile and some dont...

• I prefer smiles. I hate when guys don't smile or give a serious look.

• a lot of guys look waaay serious on their profile pictures, and it ends up looking a bit laughable._.' A relaxed picture where you look genuinely happy is great ^^

• Usually a smile is better. Otherwise you look like you're trying to hard.

• I love if a guy is smiling in his profile pic! When a guy doesn't smile it makes him seem not as approachable. Keep the smile :)

• Better smile.. Is nice

• You do what you want. You shouldn't worry what others think. If you wanna smile then smile

• I think they should smile more

• Smile! ☺️ Personally, I think it's great when guys smile. They seem way more approachable and leave your mind to rest (with confusion if you're happy or not).

• As long as its a REAL smile, its fine!

• depends on what girls your looking for, but smiles are handsome

• Do what you want. If you want to smile, then smile. If you think you look good smiling, smile. If that girl tells you what to do, smile even bigger. :)

• Smile!!!

My little brothers friends always leave him shit talking comments on his facebook pics and tell him he shouldn't do this or that. But he always ends up getting all the chicks commenting how sexy/cute he is. Now the question you should be asking yourself is "who am I trying to impress with these pics my bros or the chicks?"

• smiling looks less cocky usually

• I think they should smile.