How to get rid of scratches on cars?

My car has a ton of scratches on it. I don't know how they got there, all I know is that the previous owner of the car was my mom. Anyway, i hate having those damn scratches all over my car so how do I get rid of them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Paint over them.

Most Helpful Guy

• A good rubbing compound and buffer will take out light scratches. Some dealerships / body shops also offer quick touchup work for under $100 where they do their best to correct it with buffing, sometimes using a syringe needle (or other precision tools) with touchup paint, wet sanding and so on. If it's too deep/bad and you want it fixed you'll have to see a bodyshop which can get expensive real quick.

A tip I've seen before is to lookup a vocational school near you that offers auto body classes. A lot of times they're seeking test candidates (aka your car) and you can get it fixed on the cheap. There is always a little risk involved when they're using your car as a test dummy but usually the instructors are able to keep the students on par and you're car will come out looking fine.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• You probably drove close to some bushes.
    Some car polishes can hide it for some time.
    Ask what a spray job costs.(not cheap, I think)

• T cut will remove some, bear in mind though it is a paint layer remover so use very carefully otherwise you will end up creating a bald patch! polish will just polish.. not remove scratches

• You could set it on fire. it works

• there's things online for like $30, i have one works well