Girls, Should I break up with my girlfriend for this?

My girlfriend and i went on a holiday.

She decided she wanted her friend to come along too but she knew i wouldn't be ok with it.

So without telling me, she and her friend decided that her friend would "coincidentally" bump into us at the airport at our destination and would "coincidentally" be going to the same places so we would spend all our time with her as well and not just the two of us alone.

Should i break up with her?

• Yes break up with her
    37% (23)
  • No don't break up with her
    63% (39)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on whether this os the only issue or if thete are more issues. What I can tell you is that over time unresolved issues do build up and eventually destroy the relationship if you dont deal with them to the satisfaction of both of you. Like of you present your case and how her actions made you feel and her response is "I'm sorry I didn't ser ot that way but I understand where you are coming from and I will try to be more considerate of your perspective" (or something similar) then I would be satiafied to let it go. But if she just doesn't understand your view and you can't see eye to eye then there is one unresolved issue in your relationship - too many unresolved issues that keep resurfacing eventually take their toll in the long term.

What Girls Said 19

• My first question is why your girlfriend did all of these things behind your back? Why wasn't she comfortable going on holiday with just the two of you? Why did she need her friend to be there? Why didn't your girlfriend feel comfortable just asking you if her friend could come along? What did your girlfriend say when you found out everything? So many questions going around my head !

Sorry, a terrible answer because it isn't an answer !

• She thought it would be fun with her friend there. She knew i would say no

She apologized

• Yeah, not buying that answer actually because you two could have the same amount of fun.

I do think it's sneaky and disrespectful of them both and the plan is very elaborate but I don't think she meant to cause a rift between you. Is she not comfortable being alone with you on holiday?

I actually don't know what you should do but breaking up seems a bit much but I have so many questions going round my head. I'm sorry, I'm just not helping you at all.

• I have zero patience for that sort of childish bs. I assume it was supposed to be a fun get away for just the two of you? Who brings a third friend on that kind of outing?

• What really pisses me off is that she did it secretly because she knew that i would say no because i wanted it to be just two of us

• 9.5 months

This is first time

• Hmmm... You might be able to cut it off at the bud then. Tell her how angry, upset, and hurt you are by her decisions. Make a list so your argument can stay on track. Then draw crystal clear boundaries. If she EVER does anything like this again, end it.

• I feel like breaking up with her would be really drastic, have you managed to talk to her about it? Is the person a female or male (are you threatened)? Do you like you girlfriend a lot?
    However, being mad is understandable. If she does things like this all of the time, I'd understand the breaking up part, but if it's just one time...

• I really dislike girls like this! They can't seem to take a shit without their best friend. It didn't respect your decision as a individual, or as a couple. She is putting her friendship, before the relationship. This is not adult behaviour, and should not be tolerated. Time to reevaluate the relationship, to ensure that you are on the same page, have similar goals, etc.

• Omg stop asking this question repeatedly. Enough. I'm going to break up with you!

• i agree that what she did was not good... but its not a valid reason to breakup with her!!
    tell her that if you're planning to go on a holiday next time its gonna be JUST FOR THE TWO OF YOU

• I remember you asking about this before, and honestly, it was suuuuuch a dick move on her part and shows a real lack of respect for you and what YOU want. I'd break up with her.

• I think she wants to break up with you. May as well bite the bullet and do it.

• why do you need to break up with her, just for a simple silly thing?
    maybe she was just too unprepared to go holiday with you, is she a virgin?

• I think it was rude of her to do that but rather than break up with her so suddenly, why not talk to her about how you feel and see how she reacts?

• GIrls do that all the time

• Unless her friend has a penis, calm down.

• if she keeps doing this and y'all can't have personal time just confron her if she doesn't listen maybe y'all might need to break up or have some space.. if she can't cooperate

• Sounds like a childish reason to break up with her, you can get over this rough patch :)

• So what she did is not wrong?

• So she never apologized? Maybe you should break up with her then, shows that she don't care for your feelings and will do something like this again. It's obviously bothering you a lot

• Yeah , same thought. ^^

• Aww! The poor girl just wanted her friend to come with her!

• I know you're not happy with what she did and she shouldn't of have done that, but that's not much of a good reason to break up with someone.

• maybe her friend was alone and depressed and needed help?

• U r soo extremely jelaouse!! Calm Down!!

• This doesn't have anything to do with how much y'all love each other so not a good reason to break up.