Do you believe aliens exist?

Our universe is so large and it isn't possible that we are the only life in such space, there must be some other life in universe. What do you think about it?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 36

• It would be both illogical and egotistical to believe we are alone and unique in the universe.

• it would be extremely arrogant and egocentric to think that earth is the only inhabited planet in the universe wouldn't it?

Who knows how many planets exist with some sort of life form... There could be hundreds...

I'd love to know.

• How is that arrogant?

• Who's to say who visits who first? We could be just as easily as we couldn't. How are you sure that something is *probably* not? The arrogance would depend on someone's reason for believing it

• @Bomba78
      Good answer. The estimation the science community has made about other earth like planets is actually about a billion.

• Yep, I think it's almost certain there's life on other planets... but they're all too far away to invade us so it's all good

• Yeah, I think they exist. They've found signs that life can exist in space and we've barely even explored any of it, so why not?

• I believe in them, not seing something doesn't mean it doesn't exist like I don't see people's brains but I know they have them ;)

• I think it is extremely naive to believe we are the only things out there in the entire universe.

• Yeah, of course they dom they can take you away and do things to you... Like cook you up or have kids with you lol... Jk... Or I'm I? :/

• I do.
    I definitely beleive they do.

• I do not believe aliens exist. Until someone presents proof that they do exist, I will continue to assume their non-existence.

Just because the universe is big doesn't mean we can't be alone.

• We've recently found a new cousin planet that may already have life or may be able to inhabit us one day so yes maybe and it would explain the UFO sightings and I think the real truth of their existence has been hidden through out history and is all around us in statistics, history and ancient texts so yes I believe in aliens and I just don't think any of the governments around the world want us to know they really exist. That's only my opinion though... :) And if aliens are real they obviously mean us no harm because they'd have already killed us by now probably and all the movie alien stuff is so over exaggerated, they may even be just like us wondering if we exist.

• Of course we aren't the only life in the universe, that's impossible.

• I agree with you. Out universe is so large it would be waste of space if we are alone life...

• YouTube is not a valid source, Asker. I'm sorry. I'm sure there are better arguments for aliens than "this blurry object was spotted on an old camera".

• No one knows what is the truth...

• Of course. I don't believe they've contacted us or any absurd idea that the government is hiding something or that crazy bs.
    But our galaxy is HUGE. I Mean HUGE.
    How can it all be just for our existence solely? Seems absolutely absurd. I'm certain there's life beyond our galaxy, of course we've never seen it, its millions of lightyears away, our technology needs to be vastly improved before we will ever be able to explore beyond our boundaries.

• There has to be. Whether it's tiny single celled organisms or civilizations more advanced than our own, it can't just be us

• Of course they do. Single celled microorganisms are enough to qualify as alien life forms. It's arrogant and naive to think we're the only life in existence.

• I for sure believe something is out there. It's kind of egotistic to believe we are the only ones in the entire universe when we haven't even been through a 1/4 of it.

• Yes I do believe :)

• I believe their could be other lifeforms like bacteria and complex organisms but I don't know about those little green guys
    24.media.tumblr.com/...mb80xeBxCf1r283lbo1_500.gif
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../alien99.gif

• I think it would be quite ignorant not to believe in extraterrestrial life - I highly doubt that they will look like we imagine them thanks to all the sci-fi though..

• Well our universe is infinite and in our universe we have infinite galaxies. So yeah they definitely exist. But we will never be able to speak or have direct contact with aliens because they are like 58 million lightyears away, and if it WERE possible there would already have been contact because of the huge numbers of galaxies and living planets

• I believe in that possibility because we aren't able to check out the majority of the universe. So who knows what is all out there.

• Yeah they do

• yes they do lol

• Good idea. I do not believe just because the space is huge means somtime else lives out there. I'm Christian. I believe what God made only women man and animals. In this time.

• oh for crying out loud... so basically modern humans and dinosaurs inhabited earth all at the same time? No evolution? nothing? just "puuuff" and everything was here? you're right, that sounds completely reasonable...

• Then that's wrong.

• I have strong faith.

• Yeah hahaha I mean this is too big only for humans ☺️

• They do exist.

• Yes there has to be some other life forms out there.

• Yes I believe aliens exist

• I do I do
    We not alone :D

• Yes, I think an ex -professor of mine is an alien

• We definitely don't exist on our own and there is always some truth lying in every science fiction.. The world is mysterious itself and who to say what is out there and what is not

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 54

• 100% yes. There is a billion other planets out there and the only thing you basically need to create life is water. But people are very afraid to admit it. Especially when you tell them they have already been here on planet earth.

However there are drawings made by caveman that are thousand of years old. They drew pictures of Aliens coming out of UFO's with helmets on. How would a caveman know how a UFO looked like? And how would a caveman know you need helmets on to breath in Space. And these are just some of the things that indicate they are here.

How do I feel about it? Great. There is not threat because if they have been here for so long and they want to take over the world they would have done it a long time ago. They would not wait until we technologically catch up with them.

• Maybe their technology is way much advanced than us. Because they have reached us before we find them. Maybe aliens have met those aliens!!! Something is hiding from is...

• We live in such a weird mysterious world about which we almost know nothing. The more we know, the more ignorant we realize we are. So i wouldn't be surprised if they told me we are alone in this world and i also wouldn't be surprised if they told me there multiple other creatures out there. Either way, i really think both are frightening.

• Theoretically the universe does have an "end" to it.
    Light travels 186,000 miles a second.
    A light year is the amount of distance light has traveled in one year.
    It would take light 13.6 billion years to reach the end.
    186,000 x 1,314,000 x 13,600,000,000 = big number.
    Yes, there are aliens out there.

• also there's been something detected from past the edges of our universe. i think it was echoes or vibrations.

• Yup.

I don't believe they landed on Earth or anything though. Considering how vast the universe is, there's gotta be at least like, one bug or one plant out there right? I mean, after all, we're here.

• It is difficult to believe that they don't. The problem is that we will likely never encounter them. The sphere of the universe is estimated to be 28 Billion light years across. A single light year is nearly six trillion miles and would take more than a lifetime to travel by conventional means.

There are two ideas about bridging distances this great. One is to travel at the speed of light, thus moving quickly and slowing time by relativity. The problem is that anything moving at that speed is converted to pure energy. How would one survive?

The other idea is wormholes, theoretical distortions in the time-space continuum that connect two disparate points. The problem here is that wormholes distort time and space with crushing gravity that would likely pulverize anything entering them. They are also thought to be highly unstable, opening, closing and changing time and location unpredictably. Even if you could use one and live, it would be Einsteinian roulette.

Practically speaking, we are alone.

• hmmm I have a different idea of what aliens are but there's plenty of theories out there, I could be wrong and people could just be playing with our heads and putting lights in the skies but than there's also abductions that people talk about and have been through so I wonder how many are lying how many are telling the truth

• In my country, aliens must register with the government and are given "green cards" for identification purposes.

• Yes, they're around, but they're in their planets, they don't come here to bother us.

• I can not say for certain that they do or do not exist but I am certain that it is possible they could.

• Yes I believe in aliens, and I've seen a real UFO.

• Of course they do. Didn't you hear about all the countryfolk they anal-probed?

• Well mathematically if we're speaking in terms of abiogenesis then there is literally no way we're the only living beings in the entire universe with the possible amount of planets in the cosmos exceeding maybe that of over a trillion.

It's also illogical and egotistical, as someone stated, to believe we are the only living organisms inside the entire universe.

• Yes I do, but I don't believe they have visited Earth. While the universe is so large for intelligent life to exist in many places, there is no saying if they ever got to leave their own planet, or galaxy or what ever to reach us.

• Do yourself a favor and google:
      "mars structures"
      "Mars face"
      "mars cydonia"
      "mars trees"
      Suddenly things may not seem as far as you think.

• @Jay-Are I have searched all those...

• As have I, I am very unconvinced. At the most there may have been life on mars long ago, but no while humans walked Earth.

• My physics teacher in high school said something I totally agree with (and I am a believer anyway) that if humans are the only intelligent life in the universe, then that is pretty pathetic.

• yeah probably, i just wonder are we the only ones in this entire universe, that would be really lonely

• I would bet all my money that extra terrestrial life exists.
    if the parameters are properly set I may even bet everything i own on intelligent extra terrestrial life existing.
    It might also be worth betting that we will never be able to reach out to them or communicate or meet with them, as the nearest intelligent life may be 100s of light years away.

• They're exist. That's beyond belief, this is a fact.

• It wold be very arrogant of us to think that with the trillions of suns in the billions of galaxies there aren't a bunch of planets with intelligent life so yes I do believe

• It's not do if...
    It's when..

There is life out there, but there is also a reason why we haven't made contact?

1. Less developed than us.
    2. Bacterial
    3. Most likely.. they haven't revealed themselves to us for our own protection.

• Yeah, odds are they're out there.

• Better to know and not to think.

• Believe or not but i saw an alien when i was 13.

• Where and how? It happens to many people on earth! Did that alien had a big head?

• I read an interesting novel, where the author basically proposed... what if the "ufos" and "aliens" we see are in fact angels and demons... what if heaven and hell are physical realms that those beings travel to and from, in advanced crafts?

• If there is life out there. They haven't come here at all.

• Why would they? If they were biological they can't eat our things and would have their own food anyway, and the elements on earth are abundant elsewhere, it would be a waste of time and resources.

• I believe life exists on other planets. I don't believe in spacemen in flying saucers who abduct rednecks and anally probe them.

• It's scientifically impossible for there not to be any other planets without life.

• There's just some things in this world you just can't explain.
    I believe in ghost, seen them, heard them and felt them behind me.
    But as far as aliens, tough question.
    I wouldn't doubt it if they're out there, government cover-ups. who knows.
    I have seen things in the night sky that leave you thinking

• The universe is impossibly large. It is statistically impossible that we are the only life form on it.

• They're everywhere!

• To think that we're alone in this never-ending universe is logically IMPOSSIBLE in my opinion.

• More from Guys
    24