Where do they do the best fish n' chips?

What place have you had the best fish n' chips?

I could be biased but I have had fish n' chips in many a different part of the world and I've never had it any better than from a certain shop in Australia.

So what about you?
Vote or tell your delicious experience in the comments below.

• Australia
  • England
  • Scotland
  • New Zealand (fush n' chups)
  • Ireland (northern or republic)
  • Other
  • answers

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 4

• Well I'm in Australia, so I may be bias. Nothing is better then crispy fish and chips with tartare sauce and lemon!

• I'm with you

• @applefan1 thanks! Apparently if work accepts work in Sydney for 2 days I'll be going during the first week of September! So i'll try it out!

• Yes o my gosh you will love it.

• Oh my gosh the best fish and chips I've ever had were in Sandwich strangely enough XD

• For me, living in the heart of London, J. Sheekey in Covent Garden is untouchable.

• Seeing as it's English obviously you'll get the best here

What Guys Said 6

• As a British person I whole heartedly say: "It doesn't matter where you are, the chips will be equally as good as long as it is a cold rainy day and you are eatting them out of a newspaper at the seaside... in the rain." Ideally there should be rain. What I am saying is that cold and rain are important.

• "Fush n' chups" lol

• Well I make some pretty mean fish n chips but I can not say whether other countries do or not, when I eventually travel for a while I am sure I'll find out.

• I don't know about those other places because I've never been but the fish 'n' chips in Scotland are fucking delish to say the least lol

• Finally a vote for Scotland! The best U. K fish n' chips I've had were in Scotland too. I can't remember the name of the place unfortunately though. They were really friendly in the shop I remember though and the food matched the quality of the service

• Definitely NZ is the best fish n chips as it is all cooked right when you order it and not left to dry out in a warmer. I have eaten F&C all over the world but still prefer them from my home country

• There's a place in nyc owned by a guy from the UK that makes the best I've had