Does anyone think that mainstream music is dying?

Everything I hear on the radio is terrible, and people still listen to this it? It's like there's nothing better.

• Mainstream music sucks!
  • I love mainstream music!
  • I don't really care...
Also, post your opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• It died a long time ago... then the alternative music scene transcended it, became the mainstream and died alongside it. Then there was a wave of empty vapid dead music (which is still going) while we wait for a new wave of music to rise, and become equally dead right before it takes over.

In essence what I am saying it, that music is always crap when it's mainstreme, because it has to appeal to the corporations and the sponsors.

• Yup, it's what I've wanted to say all along. What happened to music that actually was "music"?

What Girls Said 3

• I listen to mainstream music sometimes when I'm in the car. Many songs do suck and I will amdit that it's going down hill but with the bad ones cones a few hits every now and again...

But honestly I spend my time on my phone listening to Pandora most of the time listening to my favorite songs anywhere from like the 70's to the current year.

• OMG AMEN!!! today's radio music SUCKS. hence y i run to 90's RnB and soul. my life!

• I find some 'mainstream' music okay, I hate dubstep though... But I usually listen to my own music, things they don't play on the radio or on television

What Guys Said 6

• Nobody listens to the radio anymore, radio is dying a long, slow, sad death.

There's a ton of great music out there though. And I mean new music.

If you're sitting around waiting for it to be delivered to you on terrestrial top 40 radio, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

You might have heard of this thing called the Internet? It's a great place to find music, but you have to look for it.

• I love mainstream music. Some underground stuff is underground for a reason.

I'm a big fan of drake. he's killing it.

He like in the top three killing it right now. Him Kendrick and j Cole.

I also like underground like hopsin and laughter house or even some immortal tech. But yeah I like mainstream because its hype up music

• Ya, it really depends on what it is.

• Yeah I don't like all drakes music but I have to give credit where credit is due. And he has some bumbers

• The one artist I can't stand anymore is taylor swift. She used to be good when she did more acoustic music, but her new album really sucks. Thanks for your opinion though!

• I pretty much stopped listening to new music in the mid-1980s. I only listen to what is today called "classic rock." Basically 60s to 80s.

• I like EDM, HipHop, DeathMetal, Reggae and Foreign music this music is hype, exciting, loud, party friendly

Fuck mainstream its too boring and predictable it has no creativity and it doesn't speak to me

• yup it is and has always been terrible, aside from linkin park and Hollywood undead the rest can go fuck tailor swift and have a song made out of how it banged her and left because she was crazy.

• The question is what is mainstream music?