I felt like my throat was swelling up a few minutes ago?

Ok, just a few minutes ago I was trying to go to sleep then suddenly out of no where I felt like my throat was swelling up and I tried swallowing and it had hurt when I swallowed and it was hard for me to breath so I started panicking because of it and I tried breathing hard and few a minutes later (it lasted for about 5 minutes) it had stopped and I could breathe normally again. I was so relieved because I thought I was going to die D: :( I'm not really allergic to anything except for coconut and black eyeliner and I didn't eat anything with coconut or wear black eyeliner because I don't even wear it that much. The only thing I have on is the fan as usual. Do you think I'm catching a cold? I wasn't really coughing when it started though. I know that you guys are thinking why am I asking you all this, I just want to know. So, why do you guys think my throat was swelling up?(If it was)

I'm sorry if I sound like I was overreacting it was just that this was the first time that my throat ever did this and I just didn't know what to do. The only thing I ate and drunk today was sweet tea, bananas and barbecue wings and I eat and drink that very often.

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be that your body is really tired and you're trying to fall asleep and not able to do so i fell sleep early and back up since 3:00 a. m. i can't fall back to sleep so that might a problem your having, You could have a cold coming on you , watch for cough, chills,, fever , i don't know if you're trying to develop sleep apnea / asthma just watch how many times this happens to you.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you're over reacting to be honest, what you're described reminds me when I use to have anxiety issues and I would have panic attacks and that was a common thing to happen while trying to sleep for me.

Trust me it's likely all in your mind that is causing this and you need to stop over reacting and think about it this way lets say your mind even made you stop breathing and you passed out, your mind would no-longer have control of you and your body would start breathing again while you are passed out.

The best suggestion I could tell you is if you are really worried about this is speak to a doctor, they're not going to think you're crazy or force you to do anything you're not comfortable with they're simply going to provide support and help relax you and make sure you know that you're okay.

• I've never heard of a cold doing that to your throat. Did you possibly eat anything new that you have never had? I'm thinking that maybe you are allergic to something new.

• Nope the only thing I had to drink was sweet tea and I drink them often. I ate a banana and I eat bananas sometimes too and I had barbeque wings but I don't eat them that much as I use to. That's about it though :/

What Girls Said 1

• I believe it was an allergic reaction to something. However, I am not certain of it.