Why do Asians and black Africans women and men wants to have a beautiful Fair/Pale skin?

Most Helpful Guy

• Generally fair complexion is seen a beautiful in most culture. It is kind of associated with youthfulness

What Girls Said 6

• lots of people want something other than what thty have.
    people with straight hair want curly hair. people with fair skin want a tan, people with darker skin sometimes want it a little lighter.
    its all part of being human.
    and NOT all, i wouldn't even say most of people with darker skin want it lighter.

• "beautiful fair/pale skin" Well, believe it or not, brown skin is beautiful too.

And not all Asian people or black people, want lighter skin. Some people are perfectly happy with the skin they live in.

• Haha. Whats wrong with "beautiful fair/pale skin" ? Obviously they want pale skin. Bleaching industry is the far more bigger than tanning. Google for conformation :)

• I'm not. You know nothing about me.

• Lol. I dont need to know anything about you. Get Lost!!

• Some people think the west is better because westerners have more money then people in Africa or Asia.

• Some black people have self hatred
    And some black people like to date outside their race

The white beauty standard is more an Asian thing tho. The paler the prettier.

• fair complexion in many societies is seen as an indication of wealth and beauty

• I'm Asian and my skin is pale. Go figure.

What Guys Said 5

• No sure about black women but for Asians lighter skin is a beauty standard cause in the old days it means status.
    Being light skinned meant that she didn't have to work outside in the hot sun. Only the privileged and rich stayed unside.

• Asian people are already pale, not all but generally.

• It could be due to the fact that Europeans in early centuries traveled with the goal to conquer lands. The most common thing that would happen is desecration of the culture and morals. They would push the idea that they were the perfect people and everyone else wasn't. That may be a home stretch but there is a huge influence from that that never went away. Thus lighter skin is paired up with the mentally of being beautiful and perfect

• I like being dark and want to be darker, I also like dark girls!