What Bug Is This?

What Bug Is This?
PS. This was after I squished it with my shoe. I found it in my house and I have two toddlers, one of which is extremely allergic to bugs so I just want to know if this kind of bug is dangerous at all. Does anyone know what kind of bug this is?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wood bug. Well, we call them wood bugs in BC, I think they are technically called woodlouse. Or woodlice, if plural.

They aren't actually 'bugs', they are a type of crustacean (like crabs and lobsters). If it was inside, it was probably there searching for moisture, which means either it is really dry outside, or your house may have a dampness problem. They will eat some cultivated plants, but they are not usually considered a 'pest'. They don't spread disease and they don't damage sound wood (though the will go after rotting wood, I think).

Most Helpful Girl

• it looks like a rollie polly... they're harmless.
    poor thing, you could have just taken it outside...

• Well, I had no idea what it was and I was just scared for my child which has had to be taken to the hospital several times from reactions to bug bites. Glad to know it's harmless though and I will take them outside if I see any more of them.

• rollie pollies are crustaceans and they don't bite.
      how have you never seen a rollie pollie...

• I've always lived in places where there aren't many bugs at all. I recently moved states and I've already had a few infestations and my son has been getting bit so I'm just a little paranoid because I'm not used to having to deal with bugs like this.

What Guys Said 9

• 0|0
  • Why kill it?:( you could have put it in a container and let it outside :)

I'm terrified of moths and I seen 1 drowning in a little water and I got it out of their and blew on it till it could fly again then I shit myself amd ran in my room :(

That bug looks like the bug from hell

• Looks like a rollie pollie to me.

• Calm down, it's just a woodlouse. Don't you know what a woodlouse looks like?

• I had never seen one before and didn't know what they looked like.

• Do you go outside very often?

• Oh that's just an alien

• Pill bug they are harmless.

• Its a rollie poly, its a type of beetle that rolls up like an armadillo

• it's a woodlouse. they grow up to look like this so enjoy.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...3fd9a74ed2.jpg

• This is fake and gay.

• @xylem oh so you're one of the gagers too stupid to recognize when someone's joking.

• The ones that live in the sea do grow to be that big so no, its not "fake and gay "
      Smoked tf out.

• Looks like a woodlouse!

What Girls Said 1

• Not an expert but it kinda looks like a termite.

It's probably not, but that's all the advice I can give you lmao