What should I do?

I always get a bunch of college recommendations in the mail. This summer I got a letter from the national society of high school scholars and they want me to join. Only I don't really want to go to college. My plan is to go to cosmetology school and start my own hair salon. But sometimes I don't even know if I should do that. Im going to 11th grade and I don't know what I want to do with my life. If I choose college I don't know what career I want. But at the same time I feel like the cosmetology feild doesn't really have a lot of money. What should I do? I'm so confused and all the college letters are putting more pressure on me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish more than anything in the World I could build a time machine and go back to the 11th grade and be in your shoes again.

You need to research each field you are considering and look at the pay, and the long term outlook for it.

Before going to college talk to people who are currently doing the career you are considering. People in the field are a gold mine of information. They will tell you the good and bad about it.

What Guys Said 3

• There is high demand for Phlemobist

Phlebotomists are people trained to draw blood from a patient for clinical or medical testing, transfusions, donations, or research. Phlebotomists collect blood primarily by performing venipunctures, (or, for collection of minute quantities of blood, fingersticks).

• If you live in America the hair stylist careers is way too many. where i live you wouldn't believe the
      how many there are and some of them lose money cause there's too many of them ,

• Oh okay but I don't really like to see blood so I don't think I'd be good at that

• I think it's better you go to college, there are more oppurtunities for a better life in college but at the same the cosmetic school isn't all that bad too, if you're good at what you do it's gonna pay off. Do what pleases yourself

• The national society of high school scholars is a scam don't give them your money

• Have you joined them?

• No but my sister has a friend who did. Look it up they're a scam it sucks and it's very exploitational

• Yea I Googled it and a lot of people said it was like a lottery. You pay 60$ for a lifetime membership and a t shirt. Then they offer you scholarships but in order to be entered into the scholarships you have to pay more money.

What Girls Said 2

• Go to college. Find your passion outside of cosmetology and do that. Or you can go to college to do like business and that would help start your own salon

• Wait until you know what you want to do first.