A little Technical help required?

Hey guys and girls... I have a LG G3 and its acting up. It won't bring the pop up keyboard up so I cannot enter the password and access my stuff.
I don't know what to do. I took the battery out, restarted it and turned it off. Nothing seems to work.

What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, you said you tried reboot, tried battery out for a min then safe mode, battery out for 20 min then safe mode, removed sd and sim card and reboot and all that etc.

You also tried to just hit the emergency call thing from the lock screen right? Does the dialer at least pop up? Or do you get nothing?

Also do you have usb debugging on your phone, maybe try the adb method to get through. This would require you use command prompt and type up the proper commands into it.

Oh and do you have stock recovery or custom recovery set up on it?

• And if you don't feel comfortable trying adb method and don't have custom recovery set up then do you have access to a usb otg cable? If so go to a desktop and pull the keyboard off that and stick it to your phone via usb otg. See if that'll help.

• Yeah the dialler pops up when I hit emergency call

• Ok so easiest way is to go USB otg route.

What Guys Said 12

• Did you try doing a factory reset but you want make sure you don't lose
    your contacts? You may need to reboot your phone too. Hold the
    Volume up or down button while steady pushing in the power button
    when something pops up you will see where it says reboot then push
    that it but make sure it's set to that than your phone will power off
    than come back on.. Here is link that may help you with Lg g3 i hear
    that them phones can have bad batteries and or bad battery life
    http://www.lg.com/us/support/software-manuals

• When did this start to happen, did you install or update something?
    The factory reset will probably work, trying to uninstall the keyboards updates should work to.

Another fix could be to try installing this from your pc and making it your default trough the setyings. play.google.com/.../details it will give you the official android keyboard which is probably more stable and allows you to keep your contacts and settings.

• It happened last night. I didn't update or install anything. Just moved some of the apps I have to my sd card to make more storage space as I was running out on it

• forums.androidcentral.com/.../...yboard-issue.html

^guess this... couldn't find a better link, hope it helps :|

• Do you have Verizon and did you get an update? If so, you might have to do a factory reset (I did last week with my G3). Also, consider removing any SD card that you may have in it before restarting and/or doing a factory reset.

• I live in the UK and I got it from Vodafone. No updates but I did move some apps to my sd card. After that the keyboard disappeared

• Apps shouldn't take up that much space. Videos, pictures, etc. Those take up a lot of space. So, going forward, feel free to put those on SD cards, but also consider uploading to a cloud drive and/or a memory stick so when you get to a real computer (and not have to pay a large mobile data fee) you can upload to a cloud account. I have a Verizon phone and have infinite data (which I pay a lot for!), so I upload to my Google Drive account quite a bit.

• Thankyou. I don't know what's wrong with it but it won't connect to my mac so I can't transfer stuff. I don't know but its the apps that are taking up about 7gb of my space

• The keyboard doesn't pop up on lockscreen.

@lifes_curve_ball
    @mesonfielde

Booting into safe mode didn't help her.
    Lg g3 doesn't offer wipe cache partition on stock recovery.

I can't suggest re flashing full firmware via lg flash tool, which will fix it without any days loss.

Factory reset is not my choice.

Anything to say?

• adb method, if custom recovery then wipe cache partition, or try computer keyboard to phone via usb otg cable.

• Photo is for asker, so that she knows that it's not a rocket science and just a simple cable.

i forgot to mention you in post :p.

@lifes_curve_ball

• Its 9 am here at my place, so i am half asleep.

I can't imagine living without debugging mode on !. This is how important it is!. Correction.

• You should probably check the Input & Languages settings and see if the keyboard is actually enabled. If the keyboard IS enabled, then you should download an APK of another keyboard app for example Swype or SwiftKey, put that on your phone with USB connection, and install it (you might have to tick Security -> Unknown Sources). Then you'll see if other keyboards work, or if it is an error with the Soft Key Input not properly being triggered by Android, but that is unlikely.

• To do all that I need to get past the lock screen. It won't pop the keyboard up so I cannot enter the password

• Well, shit. You need to take it to a service where they can flash a new keyboard module onto it externally.

• I'm gonna try using a otg cable. I wish it works

• I have an lg volt which is kinda the same phone pop the battery and put the battery back in and turn it on

• How long did you leave the battery out for?

• A few seconds I think

• You can try starting the phone without the SD card if the other stuff doesn't work. It sounds like software hiccup

• Thanks I'll try that. The other stuff didn't work. Its a keyboard problem I think

• Seems like a software issue... maybe you needed to reset your phone

• I have an lg and sometimes it does that when I want to type. I don't know what's up

• Reset the phone to factory settings (note: you will lose your contacts).

• İnstall a custom rom to your phone its a software issue and installing a new rom fixes software issues

What Girls Said 3

• Perhaps you Need a new Battery, @ArabianPwincess197.
    Good luck. xx

• Thank you but I don't think its the battery. The keyboard won't pop up at the lock screen

• Oh, so welcome, @ArabianPwincess197.:)) xx

• You need a new one.
    I have one too.

• I bought it a few months back. So its not exactly old.

• Great!! And factory reset is the lazy way out (not surprised they dont you that) and deletes all your stuff which isn't the least bit pleasant. 😒

I hope the rest works out for you :)

• You're probably not in the right mode