How can I teach my sister a lesson about something she did so selfish that it could have gotten her kidnapped? How can I really get it in her head?

To keep the story short my little sister went to a party. It was 2 am and i guess she wondered off or something. She with a friend supposibly too. Both my sister and her friend were drunk. They were in a bad neighbourhood too. So this guy in a pickup truck was telling them to get in and he will give them a ride home. Both agreed, so then the guy pulled the other girl and hit my sister on the head. Luckily people from them party went looking for these two and one guy saw the whole thing and went running towards truck and called police, the guy just let go of both my sister and her friend and sped off. I got this detail from my sister and the guy and another guy who was there too.

She told me this 5 hours ago and that is when i conatced the guy to get mor info. I yelled to the point where i made my sister cry to explain to her how stupid she was. Was it harsh of me? yes but i had to do it. what else can i do so she can understand that getting drunk and going on an adventure is not "funny". When my parents come home i told her to tell them and she agreed. What else can i do? SHould i do anythign else?

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Your parents will punish them enough. I did something similar when I was 19 years old. I was late for a meeting and did not want to be late so I hitched a ride with a guy who offered to drive me there. While in the car - I realized he had cut a hole in the bottom of his pants and was looking to hire a hooker. I would never do that now though cause I know that is dangerous.

• oh shit, glad you were ok, my sis learned her lesson but she is paranoid now. She literally wants me to go outside with her now

• Well at LEAST she learned her lesson. The Paranoia should wear off after a couple of months and she will be more cautious in the future.

• yeah, my parents yelled at her for 20 minutes straight so she learned her lesson. If she goes out (she says she's really scared too), she will text me from time to time

Most Helpful Guy

• get a grip bro... they were DRUNK... do u believe they were in total self-control? if there's somebody to blame's this truck-driver...

DON'T do anything else... u've done a lot... do u wanna scare her any further?

• You are responsible for yourself and accountable for yourself at all times

• @thatkaruguy so i guess u'd rather a gal in her 20s to think startin a family and settlin down i suppose?

• not necessarily i think they should just act like adults instead of thinking they are still teenagers. they still think they shouldn't be accountable for their actions like kids do

What Girls Said 6

• I think you did the right thing. Sometimes scaring the shit out of someone is the only way to make them understand how not to be total boneheads.

• What the hell no, the experience should be scary enough for her to realize that it was a dumb idea. Don't yell at her, be there for her, it was probably a very traumatic experience and I'm sure she wants to be able to talk to you in the future about this kind of stuff (not just stupid mistakes but real accidents too) without being scared of you yelling at her.

• She is slowly opening up to me that she is scared now and what not. I will speak to her a bit later, further more.

• What you did sounds like enough but make sure that you tell her that the only reason you yelled at her was because you're scared of losing her. I know when my older brothers yell at me for doing stupid shit they always tell me afterwards something along the lines of "Holy fuck Dee, you're my little sister. I don't want to lose you." And it cements the fact that you're not mad at her, you're mad at her choices. It helps make it easier for her to come to you in the future

• of course i'am scared of something happening to her. I will say it to her in that way. i will have a talk with her again

• Good luck :)

• Ok so i talked to her and she said how she is actually terrified of going out at night and told me that she will text me every time before she leaves if she does go out. Damn like she seems changed. like she saw a ghost. I had to go to the store to buy some chips (cause i was hungry aha) and and my parents were not home so i told her to stay in the house and NOT LEAVE! (i emphases the not leaving part).

So when i got back she told me how scared she is being alone and like now that she is not drunk she understand what the situation could have turned into. She began crying again. My parents are home now and we will both talk to them.

• there's not much I can say to help but maybe a mature friend of hers or yours you know could keep an eye on her. Unfortuanly she sounds like someone who would need to learn the hard way but she can't do that

• i know, she knows better but cause she got drunk things spiraled downwards

• No it wasn't harsh of you. And if almost getting kidnapped didn't get it in her head I don't think anything will. Besides stories of what happens to those girls after they're taken.

• she is scared about it, like she is really scared now that it is over but i want to get it ingrained in her brain not to do this dumb stuff

• Your sister needs to be taught a thing or two about the world, they act like children and are deeply immature and ignorant.

• she understands now. believe me

What Guys Said 3

• So she was actually pulled into the truck and hit on the head? I would say she gets the picture now. No need to rub it in.

• Have sex with her mom.

• There's nothing else you can do. If the experience isn't a lesson enough then I'm sorry to say it's a lost cause. Just hope it's enough and she's intelligent enough to make better choices.

• she 100% understands now. My parents gave her a good yelling for a good 20 minutes