Why do women assume that we wouldn't be able to cope with period pain?

I will admit men do complain a lot but i think if we knew what greater pain felt like, we'd be able to adapt and get on with it eventually.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would rather get kicked in my clit for seven days every month than to deal with period cramps. My sister said giving birth to my niece wasn't as painful as having a period every month. Some women like myself not only feel the pain in my uterus but my sides, back and upper ass. Tho it's rare, some women have it so bad they end up in the hospital due to the pain and can go into shock. When I was really young my Mom put me on the shot cause my cramps were so bad. The doc told her my period was messing with my arteries. I don't remember exactly what he said cause it was a long time ago but the word started with a 'C'. Some women don't have it as bad. I doubt you or any guy could take the pain of a woman who has it really bad. I'm sorry but its just how I feel.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women think they have it so bad with their painful things like periods and giving birth.

They have no idea what MARRIAGE is like for a man!

What Girls Said 6

• reading your respons to another comment you're comparing period pains with been kicked in the balls.. How is that comparable? you dont get kicked in the balls between 3-7 days in a moth, several times. Some women do have period times all day up -7 days..

If you actually got kicked in the balls several times a month i can understand were you were comming from.. but you dont. so what are YOU complaining about?

• Yeah you're right there, a kick in the balls in incomparable.

• If you took the average dude and gave him period pains right now, he would want to eject from his body. If you did this to him consistently, sure, he'd get used to it because humans are adaptable creatures. That's not the point though. Y'all cannot relate to our pain and tell us to suck it up. That's not ok.

• Never told you to suck it up. I know we have no idea what it feels like but also, you have no idea how we'd cope with it.

• I agree with you; I don't know how you would handle it. My guess, however, is that the average male would handle period cramps poorly. Many men cannot handle the sniffles. I shudder to think how they would handle the feeling of their intestines twisting up inside them.

• Agreed but my argument is that if we knew what period pain felt like, we'd put the little stuff like the sniffles into perspective and toughen up.

• Periods don't even hurt that much. Sure, it's uncomfortable, and your vagina feels bruised like it's been kicked in, but it's nothing you'd go screaming in pain to the hospital for. It's like a really, really bad headache in your lower stomach.
    The worst thing about periods is the weight gain, and the useless hope you have when your boobs look a tiny bit fuller and bigger and you really hope each month that you're growing but you're not. :(

• Hahaha, this makes me laugh! Of course you'll be able to adapt the pain eventually. It's something completely different:

We assume men wouldn't be able to take the period pain because of all the menstrual blood, and lets all be honest here: that is true! I mean we aren't even able to cope with period pain, every month we think: WHYYYYYYY god WHYYYYYYY are you doing this to us. So there's no why it will ever be something you 'cope' with, it will always be something that ruins your week :$

• "Cope" was probably the wrong word to pick. I didn't mean to say that we'd get through it with no problems but i think if we had to deal with them, we could deal with them as well as women can. You've got a great point though.

• I'd like to see you guys try and cope with it, lol.

• Because you don't know what it feels like!

• You don't know what it feels like to be kicked in the nuts, so by your logic you wouldn't be able to cope with the pain.

The same can be said with getting shot, stabbed, attacked by an animal, etc.

What Guys Said 3

• It's a delusion of superiority that some women have. Face it, there are a lot of dumb people on this planet.

• I get awful gas and it feels like someone is dragging barbed wire through my intestines. I highly doubt period pain is that bad. Also giving birth can't be any worse than taking a crump that splits your Ahole.

• I think we could handle it.