Have Christians Ruined How We See "Religion" For Everybody?

When people talk about religion they always group every religion together and paint everyone with the same brush. Whenever they talk about the negative qualities of religion, they usually mean "Christianity".

I think the successes and failures of Christians have made us not take other religions seriously.
Many people assume all religious scriptures are like the bible, when in fact most are completely different.
For example the bible is nothing like the Quran or the Guru Granth sahib or the tripitaka
. Because for example the Quran I believe was written by only one person. Whereas the bible was written by many.

Have Christians Ruined How We See

And when people say religion and state can't function together, they often refer to the failures of Christians.
Whereas that's not true for other religions like Buddhism or even Islam.

Anyway those are just my thoughthoughs.

I don't mean to offend any Christians, I didn't say it was Christianity's fault, I sad it was Christian's failing to follow their religion.
Nobody's perfect!

Most Helpful Girl

• Most Christians are not real believers. This is why Jesus said most christians (and jews) go to hell after they die. In my 4 years discussing Judaism with Jewish people - I only met one righteous Jewish person. In my 15 years as a Christian - I have probably met about 3-4 righteous Christians out of a possible 3000 people I've talked to.

• Correct. Most "Christians" believe their religion is about peace not about following God.

Most Helpful Guy

• Between homophobes in america and muslims flying planes into buildings, killing school children, beheading people and kidnapping girls, I'd say they're all equally responsible for ruining the image of religion.

p. s. The quran was written and edited by multiple people long after muhammad's death.

• I don't think it was...
      Why do you think that?

• I already stated my reason for thinking that. Re-read my original comment.

• From what I've studied its exactly the same unedited. There are even copies of the Quran from 1400 years ago that match today's.

What Girls Said 5

• Tbh with you, the bible being written by more than one person makes it even more credible because then you know that more than one person actually saw these things happening and all. Also dude, we ain't failing to follow our religion, well of course it depends if you really are a christian, besides only God is perfect, we just try to get closer to him everyday.
    so ya

• I'm not really a fan of any organized religion.

• Because you've seen a lot of bad come from it? Mainly Christians?

• The vast majority do. Regardless, the concept of a supernatural force controlling the universe doesn't make sense to me and thus I reject the notion.

• At least you're not like other people that thing people who follow religions are stupid.

• No. People only attack Christianity but not any other religion.

• I'm pretty sure Islam ruined it for everyone.

• Yes I think so.

What Guys Said 13

• Religious extremists are what ruined religion

• Agreed, which is why I said I don't blame the religion but the followers.

• This. It's the people that take the parts of their faith that they want to use to further some crazy bullshit that ruin it for everyone.

• Christians have failed to follow their religion. We should be a lot more radical and not take shit from the Liberals.

• Christianity is in majority in the world, that's why it also receives more criticism (compared to Islam, Hinduism, Jainism, etc.). Things which are in majority are prone to more criticism for obvious reasons. And let me justify that misinterpretations about other religions are mostly due to media, it has nothing related to Christianity.

• It's not because they failed to follow their religion that they are seen as such... It's BECAUSE they follow their religion that they are seen as such. All major religions are stupid.

• Hold a belief but no need to call anyone else's beliefs stupid. Think about that next time.

• but thats excactly what you're doing how can't you see that?

• What does Christianity or even Christians as people have to do with I don't know, Buddhist Monks in Burma Killing Muslims?

• The quran wasn't written by someone god told the prophet muhammad the words of quran and the prophet then didn't know how ro read or to write so he couldn't have written it

• No I mean to someone who doesn't believe in Islam, the author would be Muhammad.

To non-muslims, Muhammad narrated it and was it khalifa Uthman wrote it down?
      Sorry I'm not 100%sure.

• Shepherd lol

• Yeah that lol

• More like Catholics.

• Every religion has some followeres that are rather obnoxious. It's a problem all religions have, not just Christianity.

• Judaism, Islam, and Christianity are all basically the same. the only ones I see as different are Buddhism and Hinduism

• There are many shared similarities but they are not the same. But yes, Buddhism and Hinduism are not classed as Abrahamic.

• they may not be exactly the same but Islam and Christianity both have long history of violence so in my book they are the same. Judaism not so much

• Yes, not because they believe, they don't, but because they use the Bible as ammunition to hate others.

• Really you are gonna gloss over how the Torah and Qur'an are close in story. Or the issues facing Islamic states rights now. The infighting between the different groups just like Christianity. The use of violence for conquest just like Christianity.

• I mean there're other religions that have horrible images, so I wouldn't pin it down to one.

• All this talk about Christians and Muslims, what about Jewish people (me)

• It's not a Christian's fault if other people don't know the differences between religions. It's the persons own fault for not getting facts before they start firing shots

• Yes I agree but I meant let's say the kkk isn't Christianity's fault, its the individual Christians.