How can I help ease my period cramps?

Help! I just got my period yesterday and I have had really really severe cramping since then, I haven't been able to sleep and no amount of painkillers or heating pads is doing anything! What else could I do to help ease the pain from them? I also don't have a bathtub so please don't say to take a warm bath. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Take one ibuprofen every day for about 5 days before your period. Doing so will increase how effective ibuprofen is once the cramps start.

Orgasms help. Orgasm the day it starts (before it gets too painful) Then orgasm as often as you can. It helps a lot of women, and there's nothing better than putting my boyfriend to use and making him feel helpful and happy during my period.

Also, there are great herbal tea mixes that can help. You can do this in addition with everything else. And I'm sure your cramps will go away or get much better.

What Guys Said 3

• By eating ice cream

• Apparently ice cream chocolate massages and sex are the go to remedies. But that's just from what I've heard.

I wonder how it'd feel to have all three at once...

• Ice cream kills me. Cramps are usually eased with heat and intensified in the cold. So, that might make things worse for her too. Why do you suggest ice cream though?

• @vishna No I've just been told by some girls they like to eat ice cream when having period cramps.

• I wish! Just thinking about cold water or ice cream on my period makes me want to gag. I seriously don't drink cold water during the first few days of my period, it's that volatile. I wish I could eat ice cream on my period.

• Period sex. Orgasms can really help.

What Girls Said 5

• have a lot of painkillers and also get some strong coffee (it really helps me)

• Check a doctor , but as for me , Voltaren suppositories ( though I hate them ) they work for me pretty well. If you have already taken a painkiller then I wouldn't recommend taking any more painkillers , I believe that would be dangerous. But I don't know if painkillers doesn't work , what else would? Sadly , all the alternative ways won't be as efficient as painkillers are.

• If this is normal for you talk to your doctor. I had that issue and my doctor put me on birth control which helps a lot more.

• Go to the doctor... you may have ovarian cysts.

• Increase the amount of painkillers you take (check with your doctor first). I usually take 3 advil or ibuprofen when I have cramps instead of the usual one or two and get plenty of alon time with a hot water bottle. I hear caffine helps sompeople as well