Why do mass shootings keep happening?

In case you haven't heard, another mass shooting happened yesterday in America at a movie theater in Lafayette, Louisiana.

2 dead, 7 injured.

Shooter then shot himself dead. Shooter was also a white male in his 50s.

now my question is, why does this shit keep happening?

We're supposed to be a first word nation, land of the free, not a land where you have to fear your fucking safety at a movie theater.

Logic is, if you have to bring a gun to to feel safe, you're not living in a safe environment.

share your opinions

Most Helpful Girl

• because it will take another hundred mass shootings until the US will maybe finally realize that carrying a gun has no reason to be a constitutional right!

There has to be gun control, for every and any kind of gun! There has to be access to medical and criminal records of the person wanting to buy a gun to know if he/she is even fit to carry one.
    It's not only the random freaks killing people, it's also the countless gun accidents that happen in households all over the US all the time.

I mean this says it all doesn't it?
    adsoftheworld.com/.../...in-america-kinder-egg.jpg

• You can print them now with 3d printers, ammo as well. Guns are not going anywhere. I have come to the conclusion the only thing to be done is make the punishment for gun deaths so horrific you would rather not risk it

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing 8 know for sure if the killer was a Muslim ALL THE FUCKING MEDIA ISLAM ORDERS KILLING AND ALL THAT SHIT but if the killer isn't a Muslim then he's a has a mental issues

What Girls Said 4

• Oh no, how dreadful 🙏❤️

Oppression, suppression, not feeling included, feeling like you're not being heard, immigration, supposedly dwindling resources, 24hour society, so many contributory factors that push people over the edge and just make them go crazy. Society is constantly shifting and sometimes people get left behind and then resentment builds up and they have no outlet except for violence. It's a difficult question to answer I think.

• I feel like there's a pattern.
      It can't be random that a certain group of white males are responsible for these shootings

• No I'm not white. But at the same time, it's not random that these mass shooters all fit the same profile.

When we bring up gun control talk, other people say that people are to blame and that criminals won't respect gun laws. But at the same time, it's not gangbangers or hit men that are causing mass shootings. It's people least likely to be profiled by police that are causing mass shootings. The shooter, John Houser did not get his gun from an illegal black market. He legally bought it and look what happens.

I don't wanna live in a country where I have to wear a bulletproof vest to a movie theater to feel safe

• You can't bullet proof vests are illegal

• It pisses me off to no end, because the problems are on repeat. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and overs again... Guns give people power, you give people the right to carry a gun you can't expect everyone to have good intentions... That's absurd. I hope this doesn't come off as naive, but if some countries would work together by learning a thing or to from one another, I think we will advance tremendously. I do not think citizens should be allowed to carry guns, period. It was a terrible idea.

• It's so unfortunate. People keep trying to say the problem is guns, but there are massacres with all sorts of weapons. This country needs better and more accessible mental health care.

• If conceal and carry was allowed in the theater that chump would have been shot before he started shooting

What Guys Said 14

• I don't need to quote the 2nd. Concealed carry is not the answer, and Gun-FREE ZONES ARE TARGETS!! If you are a Nut Job, and want to kill people, for whatever twisted, sick and perverted reason, where do you go? THE PLACE THAT THEY BAN GUNS!!! How is that not OBVIOUS, seeing the majority of mass-shootings occur at schools, or places that prohibit guns!!
    My mom was working on an educational degree, and spent a year in Jerusalem, and then another in Los Angeles (when the Rodney King thing happened, with the riots). She was a 'CARD-CARRYING' Anti-gun person, until the Riots, in LA!! She BEGGED me to bring her something, to protect herself, there, then!! She said she felt safer, in Jerusalem, with the soldiers on the streets with their weapons, than in LA, then!! How sad is that? I DON'T want soldiers in our streets, but I understood what she was saying.
    Recently, with the police shootings, Michael Moore has called for disarming of the police, and Morgan Freeman, a ROLE MODEL, for MILLIONS, has called the police 'Terrorists'!! How is that helping anything?
    In most cases, the police show up after the fact, and have their tapelines, and chalk, and they document who killed whom. They cannot protect anyone, and several courts have ruled that the police have no Constitutional obligation to protect any INDIVIDUAL citizen!!
    Who is going to protect you, and your family, but YOU?
    I have guns, but I don't carry, yet, because I want to believe that people are mostly good, and these shootings are just isolated incidents!! I don't want to live in a FREE Nation where civilians need to carry weapons to be safe!!
    These shooting keep happening because CRAZY FCKS steal, or buy weapons illegally, and they are NUTS, and they go to places where there is NOBODY to stop them!! They want the 'infamy' of being in the news, killing children, or service people, with their CRAZY IDEALS!!
    The only upside of these Mass Killings, is that the perpetrator usually kills himself, like the sad coward that they are, or the police kill them. We don't need to pay millions in taxes to put them on trial, then pay for the myriad appeals when they are on death role for 20 years!! Oh, but the police are 'terrorists', aren't they Morgan Freeman?

• 90% of the mass shooters bought their guns legally.

• Yeah, but they were still FCKING NUT JOBS!! Most legal gun owners don't do these crimes, like 99.99% of legal owners!! It's the ones that have mental issues that nobody seems to see, until after they kill people!

• Because I believe that we as a country are struggling underneath. In turn we produce younger members of society who have given up hope. The very system that we instilled is collapsing in on itself and I believe that a majority of people realize this but do not act. The US has well over 16 trillion dollars of debt as of this year. Our educational systems have been failing for the past 30 years, guys are no longer allowed to be who they are and considered by most everyone to be the lesser sex now. They recieve less mental assistance, the parents of this past generation are weak because next to all of them are from the flower child generation and do NOT instill morals or good values. I think it is important that we all are allowed the same rights and it is imperative that the education system and mental health system is reformed. I also believe in re-vamping americas military and allowing individuals to enlist FROM the united states.

• The shooter was 59. So it's not only the younger generation in America that has problems, but I see your point. We do need better mental health institutions

• First off, we live in a country with 320 million people. There are bound to be crazy people and crazy things going on than other countries. Second, this was a gun free zone. Gun free zones are juicy opputunties for crazies because they know no one will fight back. Third, more of these shooters are white males because they have the easiest access to guns. One guys did it because women werent paying attwntion to. him, another because he was racist. Its sad but jonestly, there really isint a way to stop these things. All the security in the world cannot stop lone wolf massacres like these ask the FBI, they will tell you its almost impossible to stop these type of attacks.

• I see two things emerging:

Special training for citizens to have concealed carry in gun free zones or metal detectors and guards at the entrances of gun free zones to make sure that nobody with a weapon is entering

• Yea if he knew he would be burned alive or fed to crocodiles after he got caught he might think twice

• Or how about we actaully do something about the mentally ill. I think it was reagan who closed down the mental asyluma because people kept complaining that they were treating them wrong. Now that those people have no place to go people are suprised they pull this stuff.

• That is sad but one of the major problems is access to guns in America is way to easy.

• Gun laws are more complicated in America because of the 2nd amendment.

Attempts atteying to restrict gun access are met with harsh criticism from gun lobbyist groups and they complicate the whole process.

They have a certain point

If you make it harder to get guns, people will just turn to the black market.

But also at the same time, it's not like these white doing these mass shootings are buying guns at the black market.

Gangbangers, hit men, etc are the ones using the black market but they're also not causing mass shootings

• Yes I understand how trying to restrict gun access now is hard now. When people have grown up in this kind of environment it is hard to change it. People by nature don't like change of any kind anyway.

• If you look closely at most of these shooting you'll find that they are staged.
    That sounds unbelievable but it is true. The best example is Sandy Hook. If you want to know more about this just google "Sandy Hook Hoax". One you know this you'll also find all the other incidents suspicious.

• Yeah there are two actual dead people and seven people with bullet wounds, that's real enough for me...

• I totally understand. I'm just saying these are awfully complex hoaxes to be staged. Means there would have to be some benefit to go through all the trouble and take the risk to stage it. Which is what I'm getting at. Who would benefit enough from something like this to stage it?

• Let me first say something general. If political leaders want implement a new law that is controversial it is better to have the people willingly accept it than to forced upon them. In these cases they stage events to change public perception and make them willingly follow their lead. A good example is how America got involved in the 2nd World War. Everybody in America was against entering the war. Then Pearl harbour happened. After that everybody inAmerica was for entering the war. Simalar events happened with 1st World war, Vietnam War, etc.

Back to the shooting. My guess it's about taking away the weapons from people. It has always been an issue. Many people are for it. But just as many people are against it. They need something to make people say "Please take away our guns".

Don't take my word for it. Do your own research. Look for something called FEMA. Look for what really happened with Carlie Hebdo and what changed afterwards.

• I have no idea. It scares the piss right out of me because I work in a movie theater and I can't help but think, what if that happened in the one I work in? I think rather than tighten the restriction on guns that we should provide better care for the mentally disabled and make it harder for THEM to get guns, and it certainly couldn't hurt to have more places where conceal and carry is allowed for responsible Americans that have gone through some type of screening and checks to make sure they are in a good mental state of mind. I firmly believe that the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

• Definitely not visiting the southern states any time soon. 3 different massacres in less than 2 months. 2 of which a week within each other.

• Because people are being brainwashed into doing something evil. Your guess is as good as mine as to who is doing the brainwashing.

• Not sure but the pattern has been white males, ranging from young adult to adult. Makes being a guy that much harder 😦

• I don't get what's the impulse for these white males. It feels random as fuck.

At least the KKK have an agenda, to rid America of minorities; but these white guys have no agenda and in that sense they're much less predictable and much more dangerous.

• A few can be explained, one guy was bad with women so he went on a killing spree, whats this guy story?

Others is because of the American culture, there is a lot of entitlement embedded especially guys minds

• In a country with 320 million inhabitants there are bound to be some messed up individuals. Honestly I don't know if there is anything you can do to prevent stuff like this.

• but considering the fact we're a first world nation and a super power, it's depressing as fuck

• It's depressing yes, but what can we do?

• Easier access to guns for a start.

• loners who cannot accept their faults and the world.

• What can you do about it that is realistic

• So other than that, how was the movie?

• Would have been better without all the commotion