Why would My girlfriend refuse to defend me when I am criticized but so fervently defend her guy friends when they are criticized?

-Whenever people are mean to me, my girlfriend doesn't defend me, She says i should stand up for myself.

-whenever people are mean to her guy friends, she defends them and gets really angry with the people who are mean to her guy friends

Why do you think she does this? Why would she refuse to defend me but so fervently defend her guy friends when they are criticized

6

Most Helpful Girl

• She's taking advantage of the fact that you are closer to her and will let her get away with mistreating you while her guy friend's won't. If I were you I'd break up with her.

• @Anonymous - I was gonna comment but @523206720 covered it nicely and point blank. I'd also like to mention 1) knowing you and your weaknesses better, she may actually agree with them, especially if she's tried to talk to you about these topics before, and therefore doesn't see why she has to defend you from the truth, and 2) if she looks down on you for the fact that you can't stand up for himself like a man and are a target for getting picked on by a crowd, thus lowering your social standing in her eyes.

Regardless of ^, @52320672 's ultimate point still stands. Also remember that your gf's social standing and reputation improves if she's seen defending her friends, especially those of the opposite sex or gender, but she gets a very low return on defending you because its expected + she'd have to exert more effort just to prove she's not defending you simply because you're her boyfriend. You deserve an unselfish woman who will do the work to protect her man, even when it's a losing battle.

What Girls Said 5

• Perhaps she doesn't believe that you need to be defended. Perhaps you ought to stand up for yourself. Perhaps you need to grow up.

• She thinks your a joke. Stop being a pussy and dump her.

• Because you're a pussy and a coward. That's why.

• Because you are a little pussy and need to stand up for yourself and be a man. She wants to date a man. She wants you to have those qualities, but it doesn't matter if her male friends are little wussies because she is not dating them.

• You need to ask her what is her logic in this

• Agreed - call her ass out on the hypocrisy and decide from her answer whether or not she's someone who's worth investing your time and your heart in.