What was your first job like?

I just applied for my first job, working for a small fast food place connected with a convenience store. Typical of me, I've pretty much already assumed I'm going to be completely incompetent and all my coworkers are going to hate me. I'm probable overreacting, but I'm still scared. So, what were your first job experiences. Where did you work, how'd you do, how were relations with your coworkers? Maybe share stories that'll make me stop freaking out so much?

Most Helpful Girl

• I was 16 when I first started working at a portrait studio in the mall near me. It was just a seasonal job to alleviate the number of photo sessions that are booked for the holidays. I was a photographer and sales associate, though I did better with the sales associate part. A couple of my other co-workers just were better at photography, which was fine with me. I got along well with my co-workers for the most part as well.

Good luck with your first job! It'll be a learning experience, but try not to worry too much. Your employer will know you're new and just learning the ropes, so I'm sure there will be people around to help you out.

What Guys Said 5

• I had my first when I was a year older than you. I was the assistant for a technician responsible for providing television and internet to customers. It was mainly me driving around with him and fixing routers and cutting wires.

• First job was a as a beta tester, twas awesome, I was 12.

• Horrible. Boss was just terrible.

• It was tiring
    I worked at a restaurant

• it's actually good. an d I am continuing it

What Girls Said 3

• I just got my first job a few weeks ago. I work in the mall at a clothing store. Me an another girl work at the front of the store going checkout. She's really nice too. I've let a lot of cool people since working there. I was nervous at first too about having to greet people loudly but I got over it. It just takes some time.

• my first work was receptionist of a bank, i try to learn everything from my sup and others older co-workers, At begining it will scared u , and u want to make everything perfect, but is just all part of the learning process and new job.
    Just relax & try to have always a awsome time!!

• My first job was one of the dining facilities at my college.
    I did pretty well and was well liked.
    I got along with my coworkers and I stayed out of their drama.