How many of you have bees or wasps around where you live?

Probably about 3 minutes ago (true story lol), my mother just stepped on a live wasp she didn't see and it stung the bottom of her foot. For not being stung ever before, she took it pretty well-- I only heard one long string of swear words. xD

That got me thinking -- everywhere I've lived/been before, there've been bees or wasps flying around. Do you have to deal with them where you live? Have you been stung before?

Most Helpful Girl

• My grandpa in Ireland used to keep bees for honey on his property, I used to go really close and even had some of them land on me as a kid but I've never ever been stung by any of the bees - I've been attacked by a hornet before tho and trust me that's a true horror!

• I think the key to not be stung is just to stay calm when you're around them, when people try to hit them to fly away they obviously feel threatened and will sting you, but bees only sting you if they feel seriously threatened by life because the sting is connected to their internal organs so once they sting you they will die :/

• Unfortunately, I can't convince my sister to ever do it since she is super afraid of them. xD
      Sometimes the nests get in the way and I have to get rid of them. I usually stand as far back as I can, spray the poison, and then run away as fast as possible. Besides, often times they aren't too big when I take action.

• well that's quite relieving

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah, there are bees and wasps here. I'm so scared of them. I think I've been stung like 5-10 times in my life, first time when I was like 2 years old. That pain is horrible, it's unbearable :( I don't ever wanna get stung again!!!

• 5-10 times is kind of awful O_o
      I got stung once and I think that was one too many. I never run faster than when I am running away from a wasp nest I just have sprayed with poison lol

• Ugh, the worst!! I actually had that same thing happen to me when I was a kid! It was awful!!!

I got a lot of bee stings as a kid, but haven't had one in years *knock on wood*

• I never been stung, but yea bugs are the reason why I'm not outdoorsy. One once flew down my moms pants! We all assumed she was doing a weird dance lol but when tears started running down her face, we knew something was wrong. Turns out it stung her on the thigh.

• That sounds like one of my worst nightmares come to life D:

• Lol yea ikr. She recently got stung again here at our new home. there's a huge bush full f them on the side of our home. One flew under the garage before she let it down. I forgot where it stung her though. I think the thigh again

• I'm horribly terrified of bee's and wasps. Mainly wasps though. There is like an army of them outside.

They are the most evilest things in the world and need to go extinct.

• Yes. :) when I lived in British Columbia I had been by a black wasp too. Errrrm I have been stung, from what I remember, four or five times. :)

• Yes, but I've never been stung and would like to keep it that way lol.

• There was one stuck in the office at work and I was freaking out :/ .

What Guys Said 4

• There are bees, wasps and yellowjackets in my area.

• pretty good where i am in UK, but weather hasn't been great here lately for wasps and bees

• Every where i live they are. Protect the bees.. without them we will have no food :)

• what is wasps? lol.. O. o