Why do men get protective over little girls?

Is it entirely innocent? Like fatherly love?

Or is there some disgusting romantic feelings involved?

Most Helpful Guy

• well i think our culture sexualizes authority. like there is something very inappropriate to me about the father who hoards his daughter and treats her like a treasure or a princess that only he can give away when he's ready. or a mother who raises her son in regards to his worth to a female, which is either a little patriarch caveman who treats women like shiny baubles to collect or a functional tool who will treat women like queens.

of course there are major psychosexual constructs in our culture that we must address, and some of those spill over into the world of raising children, but i dont think we're going to get to the bottom of that on g@g lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that for the vast majority of the population, the protectiveness is innate and nurturing. Animals want to protect their young naturally. It's instinctive, because we know that they are helpless.

• This is true even as interspecies. I've seen a bear help and drowning bird or a gorilla help and child who fell through the fence into their ensures.

• @justanothergager yes, undoubtedly, but there's no point bringing in animal psychology to a discussion of human psychology

What Guys Said 9

• perhaps it is instinctive.

• I agree FBI, It's pure animal instincts and nothing more. If 5 men beat me up nobody would care. If 5 men beat up a woman it would be on the news and we would have a talk on sexism.

It's all instincts.

• If it's my 4 year old daughter, you're damn right I'll be protective of her. Obviously there's a difference between fatherly love and twisted fantasies of a pedophile.

• well my daughter (30) lives with a rapist and her little boy. The guy isn't really a rapist it's just that he is having sex with my little girl. No incestuous thoughts at all it just dad's protective instincts

• Ok I know dads can get overprotective but this is borderline. You might as well assume that your wife's father is constantly turning around in his grave because his daughter is with a rapist, i. e you.

• lmfao yes I know. I think all dads are very protective of their daughters.

• Today's society is gynocentric meaning it focuses on women. It also focuses on children because of the whole they are the future thing. So little girls are doubly cared for basically

• it is society's sexism at its finest

• What do you mean/

• society teaches men that they have to protect, which is sexist. It reinforces the ideology that men have to fight to be seen as men.

• I think a lot of guy are just naturally protective. I know I am because I have a lot of nieces.

• Little as in petite? If so I think it's an instinct to take care of someone they feel might need it

• I'm protective over little children overall... A crying kid ruins my day

• I get protective around all little kids... I don't know why it just happens its more instinct for me

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the man. I would like to think that for most men, the good ones, that it is entirely innocent. I know with my man it is nothing but that. He would go to the ends of the earth for his children and would not stand to see any child (female or male) hurt in any way.

• intresting question i would like ti know as well